Senior Application Security Engineer at VTS
What Makes This Job Awesome:
- Architect, evaluate, build, and support security-focused tools and services
- Contribute code that improves security throughout VTS’ products
- Build mitigations and remediations for security vulnerabilities with your fellow engineers
- Identify and assess security risks, model threats, and develop mitigation plans
- Perform application security software and configuration reviews spanning a wide range of digital technologies (web, mobile, embedded)
- Perform cloud infrastructure reviews to ensure we build in a safe-by-default manner, minimizing access risks
- Support third-party audits of our application, including SOC2 and Pen Tests
- Empower developers to do their job securely without creating unnecessary friction
- Educate your fellow engineers about security in application code and infrastructure
- Promote security within VTS
- Recommend new security products and technologies
- Advance your personal knowledge of application security to stay on the bleeding edge
What Makes You Awesome for this Role:
- 3+ years of experience and knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP and BGP)
- Experience protecting against and mitigating real-world attacks (DDoS, XSS, session-hijacking, SQL injection, CSRF, etc)
- Diverse range of security experience at the enterprise level (information, application, network, and IT)
- Knowledge of modern development and deployment processes used by consumer technology organizations
- Solid understanding of web, mobile, and embedded systems software development
- Solid understanding of modern developer platform and CI/CD practices
- Solid experience with web, mobile, and embedded systems application pentesting
- Experience reviewing source code (Rails/Java/ObjC/PHP/NodeJS/JS/etc)
- Experience reviewing cloud provider configs and deployment
- Solid experience using a scripting language such as Python, Ruby, etc.
- Solid understanding of Linux architecture and security
- You want to crush entire bug classes, not play whack-a-mole
- You want to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment that respects its engineers and customers
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!