Paige is on a mission to accelerate and transform the diagnosis and treatment of cancer. Paige is creating a digital platform for pathologists to transform their workflow and is developing a new class of computational diagnostics positioned to drive the future of pathology.
A career at Paige is deeply mission-driven where you will work with state-of-the-art technologies alongside leaders in the field and to improve cancer care every day. We reach high, help each other succeed, and believe in creativity, curiosity, and creating amazing products.
Paige employees receive great benefits, including health insurance, 401(k), paid parental leave, a generous health and wellness stipend and snacks delivered to your door on a weekly basis. We recently raised $70M in series B investment to ensure we’re able to continue our mission and expand our impact. Join us!
We’re seeking an experience Senior Application Security Engineer to bring DevSecOps practices and principles to our application development teams. You will be responsible for analyzing the security of applications and services, uncovering and remediating security issues, implementing security automations, and quickly responding to new threat situations. This is an extraordinary opportunity to be part of a high-performing team and to pursue a life-changing mission with unique technical challenges!
- Drive adoption of security best practices and embedded cloud security controls as part of the SDLC
- Conduct internal vulnerability testing using leading industry tools
- Document, maintain and help implement security policies and practices
- Report to Engineering management on security gaps, issues, failures, or concerns of established application or infrastructure frameworks and architecture to remediate and provide early solutions to problems
- Prepare system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends, including recommendation
- Perform code reviews and work directly with developers to ensure effective and secure code development practices
- Create security specifications, develop processes, and evaluate tools to assist in the secure development of applications and services
- Implement security automation and frameworks for code quality and testing
- Assist in the implementation of security-related product features like authentication, cryptography, etc.
- Perform vulnerability and penetration testing and present assessment reports to clearly document security findings with reasonable methods to secure.
- Participates actively in product design meetings providing insight and direction related to application security risks.
- Implement DevSecOps practices that focus on automation to improve efficiency of testing and remediation of findings.
- Monitors the security community regularly for public-facing security issues, as well as new testing tactics.
- Work in an agile development environment, collaborating successfully with engineering teams.
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in the application security and security engineering space
- Proven ability to build, manage and monitor mission critical environments
- 5+ years of direct experience in securing networks, web applications, intrusion detection, defense and incident response, security configuration management, access controls design and implementation, and security policy and standards development
- Experience with static code analysis and dynamic code analysis with security code reviews
- Familiarity with security in serverless architecture and application designs
- Solid understanding of application security vulnerabilities (OWASP top 10) and countermeasures to reduce related risks
- Knowledge of RESTful API design/development.
- Hands-on experience with security tools, such as: DAST and SAST
- Strong experience of application penetration testing, common vulnerability analysis techniques and information security threat vectors.
- Fuzzing, reverse engineering and advanced exploitation techniques experience
- Experience with AWS
- Master’s in Computer Science, engineering, information systems or related field or equivalent experience