Senior Application Security Engineer at Kustomer
Kustomer is the omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining enterprise customer service to deliver standout experiences– not resolve tickets. Built with intelligent automation, Kustomer scales to meet the needs of any contact center and business by unifying data from multiple sources and enabling companies to deliver effortless, consistent, and personalized service and support through a single timeline view.
Today, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the leading customer service brands like Ring, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, and UNTUCKit. Headquartered in NYC, Kustomer was founded in 2015 by serial entrepreneurs Brad Birnbaum and Jeremy Suriel, raised over $173.5M in venture funding, and is backed by leading VCs including Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures and Social Leverage.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Senior Application Security Engineer with experience in scaling operations through automation and rigorous security engineering practices. You will play a key part in Kustomer’s mission of offering the best-in-class security to our clients and keeping their customers’ data secure. Reporting to the Director of Security, you will help in executing the course for security initiatives, strategic decisions, and building security best practices into our systems, applications, and processes.
You'll be responsible for:
- Conducting routine application penetration tests and source code reviews
- Developing or implementing open-source/third-party tools to assist in detection, prevention, and analysis of security threats and vulnerabilities
- Using scripting to create automation, simplification, and scalability of processes
- Educating our team about security in code and application architecture to ensure compliance and observation of best practices
- Collaborating with Kustomer Engineering on raising the bar for application security within the organization
- Coordinating with outside vendors to ensure smooth operations
- Owning security projects from start to finish
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, wants a challenge
- Has led security projects from initial planning to completion
- Strong communication skills and excels at collaborating with others
- You stay up-to-date on the latest intelligence and key security concepts, including hackers’ methodologies
- You have a strong foundation in security topics such as cryptography and authentication/authorization and a deep understanding of the OWASP Top 10
- 5+ years of experience working in a security role
- 3+ years of experience in AWS
- You have extensive experience in application security having previously performed:
- Source Code Reviews
- Manual pentests assisted by proxy tools such as Burp Suite
- Security Architecture reviews
- Vulnerability scanning using third party tooling
- Previous experience working with a SaaS platform
- Experience with Agile development methodology and DevSecOps
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, 401K, commuter benefits, and a generous vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.