Senior Automation Engineer
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed and disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the world’s first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories and home decor from over 650 designer partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times. RTR has five retail stores of the future, 11 million community members and employs nearly 1,800 people, all of whom have equal benefits across the organization, 93% of whom are female and/or non-white, with 80% of leaders who are women.
About the Team:
Our Automation team is passionate, curious, and pragmatic. We work cross-functionally across multiple departments like IT, Engineering, Product, SRE, Security, Compliance and the Business. We denounce all manual processes and will always build with reproducibility and immutability in mind. Most importantly, we are a fun loving, comedic, and diverse team that tries to have as much enjoyment as possible in work and in life.
About the Job:
As an Automation Engineer you will be responsible for the organization wide SDLC and CI/CD process. You will help scale the technology and business which will drive us to an IPO. You will lead assigned projects, and be responsible for the overall delivery of these initiatives with proper estimation and documentation. Due to the nature of our technical ownership you must work collaboratively and positively with a “can do” attitude.
What You'll Do:
- You will help migrate our VM ware Java services to a Docker container cloud solution
- You will be comfortable crossing technical lines between application code to configuration management to system engineering.
- You will be responsible for implementing and updating tools to enable our implementation of a multi-cloud environment.
- You will pair up with other engineers and own medium to large size infrastructure projects end to end.
- You will produce excellent technical specs and documentation.
- You will participate in an on-call rotation, and will identify opportunities for reducing toil and avoiding technical debt to reduce support and operations load on the team.
- 4+ years of experience in an Automation / Devops / Infrastructure role
- You understand the architectural requirements of large scale, distributed, consumer facing applications.
- Java / Maven experience a must
- Cloud experience
- Docker & Kubernetes experience
- You are comfortable providing estimates or project ideas that will influence your team’s roadmap.
- You are a strong collaborator.
- Your written communication is concise and clear.
At Rent the Runway, we’re committed to the happiness and well-being of our employees and aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal and professional growth. We have a competitive benefits package on offer for all our Ireland based employees which reflects our ethos and culture. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including annual leave, paid bereavement, and family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves and their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, and have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first and we’ve got you covered.