Senior Back End Developer, ResyOS
WHO WE ARE:
We are daring, we challenge each other to be innovative, and we take pride in the work that we do.
Launched in New York City in 2014, Resy builds operations software for the modern restaurant, using technology to redefine hospitality. We work with restaurants in 160 markets around the U.S. The best restaurants in the country use Resy to connect with their customers.
The company is co-founded by Ben Leventhal, co-founder of Eater.com; Michael Montero, co-founder and former CTO of CrowdTwist and current Techstars mentor; and Gary Vaynerchuk, noted social media expert, entrepreneur and investor. Other company leaders have deep experience in restaurants and hospitality, too.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
At Resy, we are tackling hard problems with elegant solutions and scaling very quickly. As a ResyOS Developer, you will be working to building new features for our flagship product ResyOS, innovate POS integration and mobile payments, helping to extend our micro-services infrastructure, and pioneering a new yield management software we call FLY.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5+ years of experience working as a Software Engineer preferably in a fast-paced startup environment
- You are a self-starter but very comfortable working closely with a team
- You are comfortable working with stakeholders outside the Engineering team including our Product, Sales and Account Management teams
- You have strong expertise with the following:
- RDBMS and database design
- Unit/Functional Testing
- Implementing and building APIs
NICE TO HAVE:
- Python/Mysql Experience
- SQL / Django Performance tuning
- Kafka / Celery / Flask / Django / Supervisord
- Dev-ops experience
- Clubhouse.io or other project management tool
- AWS / EC2 / SQS / RDS / S3
- Websockets experience
- You enjoy at least one of the following things: shishito peppers, uni, or creme anglaise
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, LTD, 401(k), Commuter Benefit, Life Insurance)
- Equity in the company
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Professional Growth Opportunity Budget
- Quarterly AirBNB credit
- Equinox gym discount
- Beautiful dog-friendly Soho office with fully stocked kitchen and café
- Company-sponsored social events, including Friday family meal
- No shortage of good restaurant recommendations
Resy is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a diverse team of employees and creating an inclusive environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.