The Whip Media Group engineering team is growing and we're looking for a back-end Software Engineer to join! In this role, you will be working in partnership with a small development team on the design, development, enhancements and maintenance of mission-critical web-based software for major film studios, TV broadcasters, and cable operators in a high-energy, start-up environment.
This position will be focused across our CVM Insights product. CVM Insights is an analytics and data visualization platform that delivers both a standalone research and reporting experience as an integrated experience with the rest of the platform. The work will consist of building back-end services and APIs that drive the front-end data visualization and analytics experience. There will be a heavy focus on data and you will work with both our front-end development team as well as our data engineering team.
- Design and write new APIs and data processing code in Java or Python
- Create new data models to handle our ever-increasing data volume
- Devise algorithms to handle data synchronization across distributed systems
- Write technical requirements and design documents
- Work closely with a cross-functional team on the development of our new platforms and internal tools
- Design and implement ETL processes that integrate with a variety of customer and third-party data sources
- Bachelors or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience with software design and development skills in Java.
- Experience with Spring and core Spring components (especially Spring Boot, Spring Security, Spring Data and Spring Data REST)
- Familiarity with agile development
- Experience and comfort working in a startup or fast moving environment
- Experience with data modeling, in both SQL (ideally PostgreSQL) and non-relational technologies
- Experience with data warehousing, ideally with Amazon Redshift, a plus
- Experience with data pipelines and ETL concepts
- Experience with off-the-shelf BI tools such as Pentaho, Looker, or Tableau
- Experience with AWS APIs and services a plus (s3, lambda, SNS, SQS)
- Experience with Web Services (REST) a plus
- Experience with a scripting language, ideally Python, a plus
- Experience with git and unit testing