We’re BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you.
We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
Alongside our corporate partner, BCG Digital Ventures is launching a insurtech startup, Guardian Direct. At Guardian Direct, we are working to define the future of insurtech by democratizing insurance for everyone. This is a chance to be among the first in an industry is now being disrupted by technology to help make insurance accessible to everyone. We are obsessed with measuring results, and we see every project as an opportunity to learn. If you enjoy working on stuff that moves the needle and have a passion for tech that empowers consumers, we might have the role for you.
Ready to join a team of bold and passionate builders to do your best work yet?
Guardian Direct, a corporate-backed insurtech venture based in Hudson Yards, New York, is looking for a Senior Back-End Node Engineer. We are energized by our mission to create an exceptional customer-centric digital insurance marketplace. You’ll join a team of marketers, designers, engineers, product experts, and data strategists working together to realize this vision. You will have a chance to build on an existing strong foundation of engaged customers and fuel future growth.
Join at the ground floor with a great team and play an important role in building the future of insurtech.
In this role you will:
- Be Creative – have the freedom to innovate and create technical solutions to solve complex business problems
- Be Collaborative – work with product and design to launch amazing customer experiences
- Be Precise – understand the business goals behind every feature and create a solution that can deliver
- Be Awesome – launch products that you can be proud of
- Be Customer-Obsessed – build products that make our customers say “WOW!”
- Work with technologies like Node, React, Redux, NextJs, Webpack, TypeScript, Jest
- Enhance best practices developing with dependencies upon third-party APIs (REST, GraphQL)
You should have:
- A minimum of 4 years back-end application, data and platform engineering experience
- Strong experience with designing back-end server and serverless architectures with an emphasis on scalability, performance and extensibility
- Solid understanding of web services including defining and developing RESTful API’s
- Strong experience working with AWS cloud platforms
- An understanding of platform, application and data security
- Experience developing complex applications in an agile environment as part of a multi-disciplinary, diverse team of engineers, designers, product excerpts, marketers and strategists
- Experience with modern web application development, including build tools, testing and CI/CD
- Working knowledge of security best practices, specifically related to PII
- Excitement, energy, and strong people skills including excellent communication capabilities
- A nimble approach to thinking strategically while rolling up your sleeves and getting great work done
- Experience in a startup or venture-like operating model preferred
This role offers:
- Challenging work opportunities that create meaningful consumer experiences through innovative solutions
- Leadership development, skill building and philanthropic opportunities that help you reach your potential
- Competitive compensation
- No waiting period for excellent medical, dental, supplemental health, life and vision benefits for you and your dependents
- Life and disability insurance
- A great 401(k) with match
- Tuition assistance, paid parental leave and backup family care
- Dynamic, modern work environments that promote collaboration and creativity
A culture where doing the right thing, social responsibility, inclusiveness, and community involvement matter
Interested applicants may apply through the careers section of the website at https://www.bcgdv.com/. Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.