WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Be a key contributor in developing highly visible and impactful projects using Python (Django/GraphQL) with deployment to the AWS Cloud
- Assist with key areas of back end development including but not limited to application architecture and development, data pipelines/ETL, platform security, scalability and resilience
- Work hand-in-hand with designers, PMs, data scientists, business stakeholders, and fellow engineers to ideate, design, and implement key initiatives and end-user experiences that are used by tens of thousands of customers as well as our internal teams
- Use cutting-edge technologies and introduce improvements to our stack, end-user experience, business processes, and workflows via rapid prototypes/proof-of-concepts
- Collaborate with our agile team that champions software development best practices
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related discipline
- 3+ years of professional experience working with Python applications in production
- Deep understanding of the Python ecosystem and idioms for writing performant and scalable code
- Hands on experience developing GraphQL schemas and/or Swagger definitions for GraphQL and RESTful APIs, respectively
- Experience working on a fast-paced, lean organization that is 100% accountable for its commitments
- Able to take high-level requests, break them down to digestible tasks, and own them to completion
- Passionate about writing maintainable code, automated testing, and thorough code review
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience mentoring team members on new technologies
- Experience conducting product demonstrations for non-technical users
- Entrepreneurial experience and drive
- Prior work in financial services or the FinTech sector
- First hand understanding of marketplace businesses
EquityZen offers a competitive salary, stock options, full employee benefits (health, dental, vision), individual professional development and wellness budget, flexible paid time off, and more!
EquityZen is dedicated to prioritizing all employees’ health and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have a new, socially-distant friendly office space where we have established strict protocols to protect the health and safety of all employees; however, working from the office is strictly voluntary until further notice.
EquityZen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EquityZen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. EquityZen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of EquityZen’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.