We are NYC based but remote friendly!
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. Almost a decade later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, and more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year and helps them lead better lives, join us!
- Implement the features and user interfaces of Codecademy products like the learner environment
- Architect efficient and reusable back-end systems that drive complex web applications
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, and Software Engineers to deliver compelling products
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
- You know your browser APIs and optimizing for frontend performance is a challenge you'll gladly accept
- Experience with NoSQL (MongoDB) and SQL (Postgres) databases
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Go
- BS/MS in Computer Science or engineering is helpful, but not required