What you'll do:
- Collaborate on the design and development of elegant, scalable GraphQL APIs that provide members access to our web and mobile clients
- Build robust integrations with third-party payment and subscription platforms
- Instrument our backend services for performance monitoring and error reporting
- Architect simple solutions to complex challenges
- Ship code to production daily to support our fast-growing product
- Participate in agile software development including daily stand-ups, bi-weekly sprint planning, and sprint retrospectives for the team
Why we're excited about you:
- You enjoy designing APIs and database schemas that are as sturdy as they are scalable
- You are interested in developing with Node.js and Typescript
- You’re ready to walk the path of migrating to a microservices architecture
- You are a natural collaborator – you work seamlessly within and between teams
- You are motivated by full ownership of your work and are eager to help improve our users’ experience
- You have experience in developing and deploying software in a continuous delivery environment
- You have experience using AWS services and developing serverless or container-based services
- You have a strong understanding of how to monitor and troubleshoot backend services
- You have experience or interest in feature flag based development
- You have a passion for having a real impact on the worldYou have worked with US-based clients/teams
- You are highly proficient in English
Why you're excited about us:
- Our team: We have a passionate, talented team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.
- Impact: You’ll play an instrumental role as we walk the path of making our frontend 100% Next.js and React-based and iterate on key user flows.
- Your growth: Ongoing education including learning stipends, English language classes, conference opportunities, and in-house training, ranging from Equity 101 to Engineering Lunch & Learns and professional skills.