Senior Backend Engineer (Remote) at Redesign Health
Vault Health is a digital healthcare company and a leading provider of at-home FDA-approved COVID testing in the United States. Our solution has been deployed to numerous local and state governments, airlines, universities, professional athletic teams, companies and organizations. To date, we've tested millions of people, providing accurate and timely information in the battle against COVID.
Founded in New York City in 2018, Vault Health specializes in Consumer Health, Population Health, and Clinical Trials. Our vision is to deliver seamless and modern healthcare experiences for diagnostics, treatment, and medical care - a digital experience that reduces the need for patients to have to set foot in a doctor’s office. Today, we need your help more than ever to battle the pandemic and build a next generation digital native healthcare company that will transform the world of healthcare.
More about the role
Vault is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join the initial stages of a DTC vertically integrated healthcare company leveraging modern technology practices to enhance the patient experience. As an early employee, you’ll have the chance to define and work on the foundational elements of the company and work closely with the founding team.
The ideal candidate is passionate about creating a seamless customer experience and is able to drive and execute end-to-end web based customer journeys. You will plan, architect, build and own our main our backend/microservices using Python, SQLAlchemy, Flask, Node.js, PostgreSQL, GraphQL and AWS. You will partner with the CPO to bring customer touch-points to life and will be responsible for the technical execution of back-end projects through hands-on development and prototyping. In other words, you will bridge the gap between our customer data and technical implementation to create a user-friendly environment. This position reports directly to the CPO.Responsibilities:
- Develop python applications (we use Flask/GraphQL and host everything on AWS)
- Develop technology that bridges the physical and digital worlds of healthcare, for example:
- APIs which algorithmically optimize and improve patient appointment show rates
- Services which boost patient adherence and care quality through reminders, training and digital engagement
- Drive better patient outcomes through data, for example:
- Evolving and developing our data model for scale-ably recording patient data and enabling cross-patient research, and compliance
- Developing permissioning layers which balance customer experience and team agility with security (we’re HIPAA compliant!)
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ Years of experience working as a Software Engineer
- Experience with Python
- Deep understanding of the "behind-the-scenes" of Python how to run scalable web applications
- Deep understanding of core modern web service concepts such as API design and data modelling
- Experience in GraphQL
- Experience with Object Oriented Design and languages such as Java, .Net or C/C++.
- SqlAlchemy, and Flask in a production environment
- Experience in the healthcare space and startup environment.