Senior Backend Engineer, ResyOS
WHO WE ARE:
Resy is a reservations platform, built and powered by restaurant lovers.
Launched in New York City in 2014, tThe company is co-founded by Ben Leventhal, co-founder of Eater.com; Michael Montero, co-founder and former CTO of CrowdTwist and current Techstars mentor; and Gary Vaynerchuk, noted social media expert, entrepreneur and investor. Other company leaders have deep experience in restaurants and hospitality, too.
Our mission is to power the world’s best restaurants, using technology to imagine the future of hospitality. With Resy, you’re an insider — and the amazing world of restaurants is just two taps away.
Rated as one of Built In NYC’s “100 Best Places to Work,” Resy is actively hiring in multiple cities. Come join our growing team!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
At Resy, we are tackling hard problems with elegant solutions and scaling very quickly. As a ResyOS Engineer, you will be working to building new features for our flagship product ResyOS, which is used by our Restaurant partners.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- 5+ years of experience working as a Software Engineer preferably in a fast-paced startup environment
- You are a self-starter but very comfortable working closely with a team
- You are comfortable working with stakeholders outside the Engineering team including our Product, Sales and Account Management teams
- You have strong expertise with the following:
- RDBMS and database design
- Unit/Functional Testing
- Implementing and building APIs
NICE TO HAVE:
- Python/Mysql Experience
- SQL / Django Performance tuning
- Kafka / Celery / Flask / Django / Supervisord
- Dev-ops experience
- Clubhouse.io or other project management tool
- AWS / EC2 / SQS / RDS / S3
- Websockets experience
- You enjoy at least one of the following things: shishito peppers, uni, or creme anglaise
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, LTD, 401(k), Commuter Benefit, Life Insurance)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Professional Growth Opportunity Budget
- Equinox gym discount and Wellness budget
- Beautiful dog-friendly Soho office with fully stocked kitchen and café
- Company-sponsored social events, including Friday family meal
- No shortage of good restaurant recommendations
Resy is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a diverse team of employees and creating an inclusive environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.