Founded in 2017, Ro is a patient-driven telehealth company that puts you in control of your health. We’re patients, just like you, building technology to make healthcare accessible, affordable, and maybe even enjoyable. Ro powers three digital health clinics -- Roman for men’s health, Rory for women’s health, and Zero for fighting smoking addiction -- as well as Ro Pharmacy, a simple and affordable online pharmacy where every medication is $5 per month. The company’s nationwide networking of physicians and pharmacies provides a personalized, end-to-end healthcare experience from online treatment to the delivery of medication and ongoing care. Ro was named #2 in Wellness on Fast Company’s 2019 list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies, listed by Inc. Magazine as a Best Place to Work in 2020, and earned its Great Place to Work Certification in 2020.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join an interdisciplinary team called Ro Pharmacy. Ro Pharmacy’s mission is to make necessary medicine affordably available to all Americans. Your day to day work will be with your engineering, product, and design partners on the Ro Pharmacy team with projects touching every aspect of the lifecycle funnel for our Ro Pharmacy members including onboarding, analytics, and account + medication management.
What You'll Do:
- Work on problems that affect the lives of real people - our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives
- Lead large projects and feature development from idea to positive execution by weighing in your back-end technology domain expertise
- Experience designing and utilizing best practices with RESTful APIs
- Write quality code and documentation which can be used as the example for your company
- Participate in code reviews and technical design documents to ensure code quality and distribute knowledge
- Champion best software engineering practices such as continuous integration, delivery, and deployment
- Mentor junior engineers and continue building a strong culture of quality
What You'll Bring:
- 5+ years experience delivering highly scalable, fault-tolerant, supportable and customer-facing solutions
- Deep, strategic knowledge of server-side programming, with a focus on performance and scale
- A solid background in writing understandable, testable, and efficient code in a modern programming language (e.g. Python, Go)
- Familiarity with relevant tools and technologies, and have the drive to stay up-to-date with ongoing changes and advancements (e.g. Kubernetes, Django, AWS)
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a startup environment, get work done, ship product, and move us forward
- A growth mindset that contributes to our culture of continuous improvement
We welcome qualified candidates of all races, creeds, genders, and sexuality to apply.