Mulberry is disrupting the $50B product insurance industry with consumer-first product protection solutions built for ecommerce. Mulberry’s browser extension allows consumers to get free and affordable protection plans wherever they shop online, and retailers can embed protection offers seamlessly into their shopping experience to increase customer engagement and revenue. We are passionate about helping more consumers shop confidently, protecting their favorite products without the crazy markups and fine print gotchas all too common in the insurance industry. We are headquartered in NYC but have a hybrid office environment with teammates all across the US.
Mulberry is disrupting a $40B insurance industry by providing omnichannel merchants a seamless plug-and-play platform from which to offer product insurance. We call NYC home and are founded by a team of executives who are passionate about e-commerce and building efficiencies through a customer-first outlook. Our platform not only drives revenue for brands, but also improves customer experience and trust in warranty programs.
Mulberry is hiring for a Senior Backend Engineer to help build a modern platform transforming how insurance is priced and offered at the point of sale. As a Senior Backend Engineer at Mulberry, you will be working with a close-knit team with deep experience building financial products for e-commerce.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, build and maintain the APIs that power the Mulberry platform.
- Design well architected, loosely coupled modules and systems
- Lead initatives to improve engineering practices and increase time to value
- Partner with front-end engineers to deliver full stack solutions
- Lead in scoping work, estimation and project planning
- Mentor engineers to continue building a strong engineering culture and foundation
What We’re Seeking:
- 4+ years of experience working on software development teams
- Scripting languages: Python, PHP or Java
- Flask or Django framework
- Relational database design, SQL, ORMs/SQLAlchemy
- Git workflow
- Unit / Integration testing
- Agile workflow
You may be a great candidate if you:
- Are passionate about writing high quality code
- Enjoy refactoring and leaving code in a better place than when you found it
- Want to make a huge impact on a brand new, innovative platform
- Are an excellent communicator
- Take pride in ownership and driving projects to completion
- Are passionate about building products
- Are great at learning something new
- Function independently with minimal oversight but also on a team
- You want to work on a new codebase with a fresh stack
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Equity in a rapidly growing Series B funded startup
- Medical, vision, and dental benefits
- 401k with company match
- Unlimited PTO (minimum 15 days off required)
- Paid sabbatical after 3 years of tenure
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Strong, vibrant, and fun culture, with lots of virtual outings!