Senior Backend Engineer
You are a senior developer who wants to get in on the ground floor of one of NYC's most exciting startups. You are passionate about creating a fantastic experience for home buyers and real estate agents, and you feel it is critical that your voice is heard in product and business decisions.
You love to learn, and equally love to share your knowledge with others. You’re both a listener and contributor. You are a great communicator and you take care to understand before making yourself understood.
We are looking for an experienced backend software engineer who is interested in working with a talented startup team in building a high-performance website and data services for the real estate industry. You will participate in designing and implementing a number of backend services to ingest, organize, analyze and present real estate data.
What We're Looking For:
- Track record as a technical leader with cross-team impact
- 6+ years of experience writing complete, well-tested, database-driven web applications
- 6+ years of experience programming in languages like Java, Python, and Go (we use all three here at Compass)
- Experience designing larger systems: particularly web services and RESTful APIs, microservice architectures, and data ingestion with a particular emphasis of industry standard best practices.
- In-depth understanding and hands on experience with PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and Memcached
- Experienced with AWS services such as EC2, S3, Lambda, and Kinesis
- BS in CS or EE or equivalent
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.
Check out our Engineering blog!