Leap develops and operates stores for premium emerging brands. On the Leap platform, brands can connect with customers by rapidly deploying efficient and modern experiential retail stores that work in concert with ecomm. Brand stores *powered by Leap* deliver impactful customer experiences and incremental growth enabling premium brands to capture more share, and powerful insights that accelerate product innovation and overall growth.
Mission for the position
As software engineer, you'll be part of the original Leap team, and you'll build the foundation of a scalable technology platform. You'll show us how you design, test, and iterate over simple code that’s easy to reason through. You know that the soul of great software is making it simple and easy to refactor.
You'll work closely with product and your fellow engineers to architect data collection and integration (linking commerce systems), and display in operational tools (providing operational visibility to non-technical teams). Your code will sync data automatically between sources (such as retail payment systems or inventory systems) to our internal data stores. Your team will automate the export of data out to our partners, and your team will build internal analysis and operational tools for our operations and growth teams.
What you'll do:
- Design real-world solutions to practical challenges, by writing great code
- Drive and participate in clear, consistent code review practices, using your experience to help grow a great engineering team
- Have fun and work with a scrappy, optimistic, energetic startup team
- Use state-of-the-art technology and programming tools
- Collaborate on the roll-out of internal workflows and procedures, prioritizing automation
- Be encouraging, supportive, kind, fun, sensitive, honest, a great teacher, and above all, a great student
- Significant programming experience writing code in Python/Ruby or similar language
- Technical experience building ETLs, data pipelines, and engineering secure, scalable services
- Experience with REST, API-driven development, and large datasets
- A deep commitment to testing and automation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Curiosity, energy, and a sense of humor
In your first month, you'll:
- Go to our stores, ask questions, try on products, buy products, return products, and experience being a customer first-hand
- Help define the best tools for the job
- Write code to automate simple, but incredibly important problems
- Communicate constantly with an encouraging, supportive team