Cedar has built a platform that combines data science and machine learning to connect patients with healthcare providers in a way that helps tackle the critical challenges of patient billing and payment. Our technology improves the overall experience of patient billing and engagement, enabling providers to thrive in a rapidly changing environment while helping patients understand the cost of their care.
Data integrations are the driving force of Cedar. We need robust and scalable data integrations to work with healthcare providers and provide the best experience for patients. Data integrations are very complicated in healthcare today due to lack of interoperability and standardization across medical billing systems. This challenge holds back many health tech companies from making progress. At Cedar, we have invested deeply in our integration engine, as we believe it is an essential ingredient to achieving our mission of helping patients.
We are seeking a Senior Backend Engineer to join the team and contribute to the backend of the Cedar platform. This team member would be responsible for developing the integration engine required for a smooth integration with our providers’ electronic health record data. This role is perfect for the engineer who has a passion for system and application design!
- Work autonomously and creatively in navigating and overcoming obstacles that you encounter
- Develop our custom in-house ETL framework, which efficiently and accurately processes millions of EHR records per day
- Tackle complex scalability challenges including optimizing database queries, writing ultra-efficient Python code, and working with distributed, asynchronous tasks
- Contribute to team efforts across Cedar and our clients to deploy the Cedar platform reliably
- Work closely with our integration team members to optimize future client integrations
- Role located in New York City, and open to remote candidates
Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of professional backend coding experience
- Familiarity with data structures, relational databases (especially Postgres), cloud infrastructure
- Experience building data pipelines and working with workflow tooling
- Interested in system and application design
- Strong coding and technical architecture skills, with experience shipping production-critical software
- Experience developing applications with Python. Django preferred.
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, comfort with ambiguity
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Familiarity with Python internals a plus
- Passionate about Cedar’s mission of improving the healthcare financial experience
- Eligible to work in the United States
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly with 200,000 engaged patients a day as of September 2020 (Up from 50,000 in January)
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Daily team lunch and unlimited healthy snacks at our NYC office
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for Senior Backend Engineer who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa