Senior Backend Engineer at Paxful
Paxful is the people-powered marketplace for money transfers with anyone, anywhere, at any time. Imagine a world where everyone has equal access to finance, no matter who they are, or where they’re from. We're building it. Our mission is to empower the forgotten four billion unbanked, so they have control of their money in a way they've never had before.
Working across three offices in different time zones, the Paxful team serves our amazing community of 4 million strong. We build for people, not profits, and consider ourselves to be everyday heroes who don’t wear capes or masks. That’s why we launched Built with Bitcoin, a charitable initiative that aims to build 100 schools, water facilities, and entrepreneurial incubators in emerging markets all over the world. We want to show that bitcoin can have a positive impact and make real changes in the lives of people everywhere.
Working alongside our Associate Director of Engineering, the Backend Engineer will be charged with developing and engineering the latest components and features of our platform. Paxful’s team embraces customer focus, tenacious problem-solving, collaboration, and the Backend Engineer will contribute to this culture while pushing us to innovate and do our best work.
What You’ll Do
- Implement the essential components for our exchange platform such as matching engine, orderbook, matching optimization and other microservices
- Work with DevOps on all cycles for exchange platform’s CI/CD pipeline from staging, testing and production
- Collaborate with PMs on specific product specs and daily to-dos
- Implement blockchain integrations with several selected mainnet for the exchange platform
- Discuss and contribute to other financial service projects
Who You Are
- Curious about how things work and motivated to improve them.
- Ownership mentality. You can take or find a problem, prepare a solution and make it happen.
- Teamwork is critical to the success of our engineering team
What We’re Looking For
- Minimum 4+ years of full-time hands on experience on combination of Golang and Python (or Java) development
- Minimum 1 year of hands on experience working within a newer DevOps stack such as cloud native, kubernetes, docker, microservices
- Understanding Operating System, Computer Architecture, OS level optimization, DB optimization and modern (web service) system architecture
- REST and backend API development experience, having knowledge on JS/Frontend basics
- Experience with at least one of the following databases: MySQL, RDS, or PostgreSQL in production systems
- Ability to write and communicate in English
Diversity & Inclusion at Paxful
At Paxful, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We are actively working to increase the diversity of experience and perspectives on our team and are looking for someone who can help continue to lead that process.
EEOC and Accommodations
Paxful is committed to diversity in the workplace and we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
We’re also committed to providing accommodations to people with disabilities. If you need any kind of accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, you can reach out to [email protected] and let us know how we can best help you.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other privacy laws may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full Privacy Notice is available at https://paxful.com/privacy-notice. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.