Senior Backend Software Engineer - Cloud at Prescriptive Data
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 9:47 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, October 13, 2020
We are looking for a highly motivated Backend Software Engineer to join our growing development team. Your primary responsibilities will be the development of server-side logic, data modeling and maintenance of multiple databases, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness from our APIs and backend services. You will also be responsible for maintaining and evolving our existing architecture and implementing new features and functionality.
- Design and develop RESTful APIs using Node.js and Express
- Data modeling and creating database schemas (MongoDB, Postgres)
- Build ETL pipelines
- Participate in planning and brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products
- Write well designed, testable code using current best practices
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Stay up to date with relevant technologies/trends and apply them to operations and activities
Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of Node.js and Express.
- Experience with AWS, Docker, NoSQL, SQL, CI/CD.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.A demonstrated ability to learn new technologies on the fly.
- Focus on efficiency, clean code, and process improvement.
- Strong analytical thinker.
- Maintains composure under pressure.
- Fast learner with a strong technical acumen.
- Excels independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent project and time management skills with a track record of projects completed on time – you are a flawless executor, not a procrastinator
Education & Experience
- Four (4) year bachelor’s degree in computer programming, computer science or a related field required, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years production-level development experience, ideally in backend environments.
- Prior experience working on SaaS Production systems.
We take care of you!
- Great benefits, including medical and dental all starting on your first day.
- 401K Plan.
- A great place to work!!
Read Full Job Description