Senior Backend Software Engineer, Internal Tools Operations at The Farmer's Dog (Greater NYC Area, NY)
The Farmer’s Dog was created to radically improve the $90 billion global pet food industry — starting with a subscription service that sends freshly-made food directly to customers’ doors. Long term, our aim is to simplify every part of pet care, bettering the lives of the animals who make our lives better. We recently raised our Series C, bringing our total funding to over $100M. We're backed by the early investors of Warby Parker, Dollar Shave Club, Sweetgreen, and Glossier, and are aiming to build a company as healthy as the dogs we feed.
Join The Farmer’s Dog team as we continue to figure out ways of bringing peace of mind to customers, health to their companions, and much-needed change to the way people feed and care for their pets.
#LongLiveDogsWhere You'll Come In
The Farmer’s Dog is looking for Senior Backend Software Engineer to join our growing Engineering Department.
This person will be responsible for building and maintaining TFD’s application and frameworks that drive our customer’s experience. This individual will also support the Customer Experience Department in providing them the tools needed to continue to optimally service customers. The Internal Tools Operations (INT-OPS) oversees the fulfillment side of the Operations’ workflows. We build software to automate and optimize the entire journey of a customer’s order--from one of our nationwide fulfillment centers to their canine’s doorstep. Some of our projects include: automatic order allocation, carrier integrations, dry ice logistics, fulfillment center capacity, and travel distance optimization.
An ideal candidate would be someone who is excited to write good code, eager to provide mentorship to their teammates, passionate about working with other specialists to drive standard methodologies, who is also hardworking about collaborating with other, multi-functional departments.How You'll Make An Impact
- Contribute clean testable code.
- Write unit and integration tests.
- Peer review code commits.
- Respond to bugs and incidents as they arise.
- Support internal libraries and frameworks.
- 5+ years of professional experience working as a Software Engineer doing hands on development
- Recent experience working as a Full Stack Software Engineer or Software Engineer with backend focused work
- Shown understanding of APIs (GraphQL is a plus).
- We take pride in writing software the right way - that means peer reviews, ample time to refactor code, and write tests
- Brand new dog-friendly office in Greenwich Village (upon a safe return-to-office!) Note - if you are seeking this opportunity as a remote worker, we require folks to work on EST.
- Market-competitive compensation and equity packages
- Comprehensive Healthcare, Dental, and Vision
- Competitive 401k plan with company match
- 12 week paid parental leave
- Flexible PTO and (when in office) WFH policy
- Discounted fresh food for your pup
- Your pet interrupting video calls (and in-person-meetings) is now a feature, not a bug