LeafLink is the regulated cannabis industry’s largest wholesale marketplace, providing licensed dispensaries the ability to order from their favorite brands, as well as a suite of software tools for those brands to manage and scale their operations.
With over 5,500 retailers and more than 1,600 brands across 26 territories in the US and Canada, LeafLink is setting the industry standard for how cannabis businesses grow together. LeafLink annually processes and manages more than $3 billion in wholesale cannabis orders.
Our team, backed by funding from leading VC’s, is poised to define the cannabis supply chain through technology. LeafLink was named one of Built In NYC's ‘Best Places to Work in 2021', as well as one of Fast Company’s ’Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Enterprise for 2018', joining the ranks of Amazon, Slack, and VMWare - and we’re just getting started!The Role
LeafLink is seeking a Senior Backend Engineer to join our New York team who is passionate about working on teams that solve interesting, large-scale problems at a rapid pace. This role will contribute heavily to the buildout and iteration of LeafLink’s existing and emerging systems, powering an ever-expanding set of product offerings. As a member of our engineering team, you will be in a position to have a direct, lasting impact everywhere that technology powers our business.
LeafLink is in the midst of a large-scale platform overhaul that will continue to strengthen our position as a technical leader within the industry. As such, this role has the opportunity to help shape and grow this new platform, as well as work within new and growing technologies and concepts such as containerized and serverless design patterns, Python, Node.js, Golang, Kubernetes, AWS managed services, third-party integrations, and service-oriented architectures. It’s a very exciting time to join our engineering team!
Ideal candidates for this position should possess a keen mind for solving tough problems with the ideal solution, partnering effectively with various team members along the way. They should be personable, efficient, flexible and communicative, possess a strong desire to implement change, growth, and maturity, and have a passion and love for what they do. This role comes with the opportunity to be a high performer within a department that’s fast-paced, dynamic, and quickly growing in all areas.Responsibilities:
- Lead by example for other members of the team as a dedicated, passionate, and flexible technologist who is constantly looking for the ideal solution to a problem
- Be heavily involved in architectural decisions and the buildout of LeafLink’s new, service-oriented platform
- Help support and continue to refine our sophisticated wholesale inventory and logistics engine that considers multiple real-world factors and constraints
- Be involved with critical software design decisions that will have a lasting impact on LeafLink’s platform and products
- Build integrations with our various third-party solutions such as state-required seed-to-sale systems for custody tracking
- Keep up to date on modern technologies and trends and advocate for their inclusion within products when it makes sense
- Work on robust inventory and warehouse management systems
- Work collaboratively with multiple agile teams to help deliver end-to-end products and features, seeing them through from conception to delivery
- Work with other team members to build and deliver industry-leading API tools that our dynamic user base have come to rely upon to power their businesses
- Be able to troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve issues quickly and effectively when they arise
- Provide technical guidance and help mentor engineering, QA, operations, and product staff to deliver the best possible solutions for the company
- Help define, document, evolve, and evangelize high engineering standards and best practices across multiple areas
- Move quickly and intelligently - seeing technical debt as your nemesis
- 5+ years working in a fast-paced software environment as an engineer focused on API services, supporting systems, and 3rd party vendor integrations
- Proven track record of practical, thoughtful problem solving
- Experience working on high-traffic, international systems a plus
- Extensive experience working with Python and modern web frameworks
- Experience working in and advocating for agile environments
- Extensive experience working with relational databases and ORMs to interact with them
- Experience with queueing systems (Celery, SQS, Pub/Sub, etc)
- Familiar with software security best practices
- Advanced experience with unit testing, its concepts, and associated tools
- Well-versed in version control systems (Git)
- Experience building applications and working with underlying systems that work within fully containerized environments (Docker, Kubernetes) a plus
- An active member of the open source and New York tech community a plus
- An interest in the cannabis industry and/or the LeafLink brand
- Flexible PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- A robust stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in LeafLink’s success
LeafLink’s employee-centric culture has earned us a coveted spot on BuiltInNYC’s Best Places to Work for in 2021 list. Learn more about LeafLink’s history and the path to our First Billion in Wholesale Cannabis Orders here.