Senior Backend Software Engineer
Stash is looking for a Senior Backend Software Engineer with a passion for building reliable, scalable, and performant software.
Our ideal candidate will help raise the bar for our entire engineering organization in terms of tech prowess, passion for collaboration and desire to mentor and educate fellow team members.
We look for strategic thinkers and creative problem solvers with a bias for execution and we’ll expect you to contribute code as well as product/feature ideas from the get-go. If you are looking for a culture that encourages ownership, taking calculated risks, being data-driven and that values evidence over ego, this may be the role for you.
Some of the backend technologies we use include:
- Ruby on Rails
- Sidekiq (Ruby, Background Processing)
- AWS S3/Elastic Beanstalk
What you'll do:
- Design and implement backend services, including the core API that powers our mobile apps, and our backend data processing and trading systems
- Instrument, test, profile, and code review software
- Continuously deploy to our cloud-based infrastructure
- Scale software infrastructure for a quickly-growing user base
What we're looking for:
- 4+ years of professional experience building consumer-facing software
- BS in Computer Science preferred
- Experience building backend RESTful APIs
- Creative problem solver with a passion for testing, debugging, and overall code quality
- Data-driven decision maker, willing to take risks, fail fast, and iterate quickly
**No recruiters, please