Peloton is seeking a Senior Build Engineer to help build and maintain the internal services that our teams use to publish software.
As a member of the Site Reliability Engineering team, you will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the CI/CD automation infrastructure to support Peloton’s Software Engineering team. You will have the opportunity to deliver scalable automation solutions to enable rapid development, configuration management of the source code, deployment and production sustaining activities and develop and extend tooling around Peloton’s build and automation services.
- Own the security and availability of core services like Jenkins, Artifactory and Chef
- Automate and improve workflows
- Build and improve tooling around automation and CI/CD
- Develop tools in order to help us build and ship products and services quickly
- Mentor and train engineers on building deployment pipelines
- Own, extend and maintain the AWS based infrastructure hosting the CI/CD tools and ensure we have scalable, global infrastructure to support our product and development team needs
- Extend the build system for new application initiatives when needed
- Ensure the infrastructure is secure, recoverable (disaster, data) and maintained (security patches, tool upgrades, etc.) and highly automated
- Hands on experiencing deploying and managing Jenkins, and a good understanding of the jenkins eco-system, exposure to Github Actions and other Build and CI tools a strong plus
- Experience managing Artifactory or other artifact repositories
- Strong knowledge of Git and Github repository management
- Experience with any object oriented programming language like Python, Ruby, Java etc
- Experience with at least one configuration management system (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform), with a preference for our internal tools (Chef and Terraform)
- Ability to provide leadership in a team environment to meet goals and deadlines
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in an engineering field (e.g. Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, etc) a plus - however we welcome those with a diverse background and experience
- Exposure to Gradle, Maven, and the Java ecosystem a plus but not required
- Experience working with kubernetes and related tools such as Argo is a plus
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.