Peloton is seeking a Senior Build Engineer to help build and maintain the internal services that our teams use to publish software.
As a member of the Site Reliability Engineering team, you will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the CI/CD automation infrastructure to support Peloton’s Software Engineering team. You will have the opportunity to deliver scalable automation solutions to enable rapid development, configuration management of the source code, deployment and production sustaining activities and develop and extend tooling around Peloton’s build and automation services.
- Own the security and availability of core services like Jenkins, Artifactory and Chef
- Automate and improve workflows
- Build and improve tooling around automation and CI/CD
- Develop tools in order to help us build and ship products and services quickly
- Mentor and train engineers on building deployment pipelines
- Own, extend and maintain the AWS based infrastructure hosting the CI/CD tools and ensure we have scalable, global infrastructure to support our product and development team needs
- Extend the build system for new application initiatives when needed
- Ensure the infrastructure is secure, recoverable (disaster, data) and maintained (security patches, tool upgrades, etc.) and highly automated
- Hands on experiencing deploying and managing Jenkins, and a good understanding of the jenkins eco-system, exposure to Github Actions and other Build and CI tools a strong plus
- Experience managing Artifactory or other artifact repositories
- Strong knowledge of Git and Github repository management
- Experience with any object oriented programming language like Python, Ruby, Java etc
- Experience with at least one configuration management system (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform), with a preference for our internal tools (Chef and Terraform)
- Ability to provide leadership in a team environment to meet goals and deadlines
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in an engineering field (e.g. Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, etc) a plus - however we welcome those with a diverse background and experience
- Exposure to Gradle, Maven, and the Java ecosystem a plus but not required
- Experience working with kubernetes and related tools such as Argo is a plus
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses and retail showrooms in the US, UK and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.