Senior Build Systems Engineer - CI/CD at Peloton
Peloton's System Engineering team is looking for experienced, well-rounded Senior Build Systems Engineer who will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) automation infrastructure. You will work with a cross functional team to deliver scalable automation solutions to enable rapid development, configuration management of the source code and supporting test, deployment and production sustaining activities.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 6+ years of hands-on experience with setting up and maintaining build systems with a focus on scalability
- Ability to mentor, coach and lead other team members
- Strong knowledge of Git/Gerrit (and repo) configuration management tool
- Strong knowledge of Git/Gerrit branch management and merging.
- Strong experience scripting in Python, Bash, etc.
- Experience with Android OS build systems
- Experience with Java and/or Kotlin
- Experience with a configuration management tool like Chef, Puppet, or Ansible a strong plus
- Prior experience with security tools, HSM and code signing
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
- Setup and maintain a scalable, stable set of build, test and deploy jobs for the Peloton System Engineering team
- Own, extend and maintain the AWS based infrastructure hosting the CI/CD tools and ensure we have scalable, global infrastructure to support our team needs
- Extend the build system for new product initiatives if/when needed.
- Take ownership of core automation tools such as Gerrit, Jenkins, CircleCI and extend/maintain as needed
- Ensure the infrastructure is secure, recoverable (disaster, data) and maintained (security patches, tool upgrades, etc.) and highly automated
- Establish and maintain an infrastructure that enables automated build signing for firmware builds
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE
- Hands on experience with Linux and C/C++
- Knowledge of Mobile software lifecycle and continuous integration practices
- Hands on experience with setting up and configuring Jenkins or CircleCI
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.