Senior Build Systems Engineer - CI/CD
Peloton's System Engineering team is looking for experienced, well-rounded Senior Build Systems Engineer who will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) automation infrastructure. You will work with a cross functional team to deliver scalable automation solutions to enable rapid development, configuration management of the source code and supporting test, deployment and production sustaining activities.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 6+ years of hands-on experience with setting up and maintaining build systems with a focus on scalability
- Ability to mentor, coach and lead other team members
- Strong knowledge of Git/Gerrit (and repo) configuration management tool
- Strong knowledge of Git/Gerrit branch management and merging.
- Strong experience scripting in Python, Bash, etc.
- Experience with Android OS build systems
- Experience with Java and/or Kotlin
- Experience with a configuration management tool like Chef, Puppet, or Ansible a strong plus
- Prior experience with security tools, HSM and code signing
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Setup and maintain a scalable, stable set of build, test and deploy jobs for the Peloton System Engineering team
- Own, extend and maintain the AWS based infrastructure hosting the CI/CD tools and ensure we have scalable, global infrastructure to support our team needs
- Extend the build system for new product initiatives if/when needed.
- Take ownership of core automation tools such as Gerrit, Jenkins, CircleCI and extend/maintain as needed
- Ensure the infrastructure is secure, recoverable (disaster, data) and maintained (security patches, tool upgrades, etc.) and highly automated
- Establish and maintain an infrastructure that enables automated build signing for firmware builds
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Hands on experience with Linux and C/C++
- Knowledge of Mobile software lifecycle and continuous integration practices
- Hands on experience with setting up and configuring Jenkins or CircleCI
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own home via the Bike,Tread and iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology and design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. We put our users, members, and customers first and we obsess over every touch point of the member experience – be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best and encourage all our associates to be Peloton’s brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.