Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it’s up to you.
Our Commercial Technology Architecture team advises Life Sciences customers to devise the right technology strategy and architecture to help their broader commercial business accomplish their strategic goals.
As a Senior Infrastructure/Cloud Architect, you will drive customer engagements around infrastructure assets working with our customers, Veeva teams, and other vendors to define the overall cloud/infrastructure architecture that will meet current and future business needs.
As our customers are looking to transition to the cloud, you will need to help them take stock of their current infrastructure and draw upon an architectural framework/context that helps them accomplish their strategic and operational objectives. You will work with customers to identify business drivers, establish priorities, define roadmaps, and work with Veeva and other vendors to help them realize that vision.
This is a remote, full-time permanent role with Veeva. This is a customer-facing role and we have no work location requirement if you are in close proximity to an airport and able to meet future travel requirements.
What You'll Do
- Provide subject matter expertise in one or more areas including business strategy, infrastructure architecture, app modernization, security, cloud computing, networking, technology, distributed platforms, and mobile
- Provide thought leadership in the development and execution of enterprise and domain-specific IT strategies, standards, and guidelines
- Define operating models to exploit new capabilities, automation, and standardization and support due diligence on mergers, acquisitions, and collaborations
- Work closely with Account Executives and Solution Engineers to qualify sales opportunities with regards to customer technical requirements, competition, decision-making process, PoC, etc.
- Design and build cloud-based solutions with DevOps and automation principles in an agile environment
- Help articulate security processes, standards & issues involved in multi-tier cloud or hybrid applications
- Help grow the practice by leading teams, crafting solution offerings, and developing thought leadership across cloud strategies, migration, and platform security
- Become a trusted advisor to CIO/CTO/Chief Architect-level contacts and their teams as they look to move their business to a cloud architecture
- 7+ years of experience in designing, implementing, and/or supporting on-prem and cloud solutions
- 3+ years of technology infrastructure consulting experience
- Advanced experience architecting, implementing, and supporting AWS, Azure, or GCP infrastructure and topologies
- Experience leading projects and teams implementing core infrastructure, networking, and cloud-based services
- Deep knowledge and understanding of IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS Solutions, Virtualization including High Availability and Disaster Recovery principles, patterns, and usage
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (ex. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation, ARM)
- Experience creating and implementing container-based strategies and operational knowledge of Kubernetes, etc
- Ability to facilitate technology strategy, requirements, and architecture conversations with stakeholders, and work cooperatively at all levels in a matrixed environment
- Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 40% (no current travel due to COVID)
Nice to Have
- Experience working with Life Sciences organizations
- Experience with applicable regulations such as HIPAA, GDPR, 21 CFR, GxP
- Experience with Veeva Commercial Cloud solutions
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]