Senior Cloud Engineer at HomeAdvisor
As a Senior Cloud Engineer and member of the Platform team, you will help create infrastructure that allows one of Denver’s fastest growing companies to streamline its development and deployment strategies. In this position, we’re looking for Engineers with expertise and passion in solving difficult problems in distributed systems, cloud native technologies, and highly available services. At HomeAdvisor you will be tasked to design, support and scale innovative new services from the ground up. These are exciting times in our space - we are growing fast, still at an early stage, and working on ambitious new initiatives.
As a Senior Cloud Engineer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Working in tandem with DevOps and SRE teams to identify and implement the most optimal cloud-based solutions for our company.
- Define and document best practices and strategies regarding application deployment and infrastructure maintenance in a public cloud.
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful design.
- Managing cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines.
- Develop and implement technical efforts to design, build and deploy AWS applications at the directions of lead architects and product owners.
- Trouble-shoot incidents, identify root cause, fix and document problems, and implement preventative measures.
What will make you a great fit:
- You work on a team that owns the design, development, and operations for major components of a public Cloud Infrastructures.
- Can work with or learn the Java / GoLang / Python / Ruby language. In addition, we are interested in those candidates who have worked with Java or Kotlin applications.
- Familiarity with managed Kubernetes service like Amazon Kubernetes Service (EKS) or Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) will be an added advantage.
- Have experience with deployment automation with tools such as Docker, Ansible, bash, python
- Have worked with cloud infrastructure projects and has exposure to public clouds like AWS, Azure, GCP etc..
At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie’s List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world’s largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!