Senior Core Engineer, Meetup Pro
Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to create thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
Thousands of businesses currently organize Meetups and ask how they can use the Meetup platform to connect their fans and followers in real life. So we recently launched Meetup Pro to help those organizations transform their audience into a community. We have signed up over 150 trial customers (including Google, Salesforce, Wordpress, MongoDB), and are adding more every day. We are looking for exceptional Core Engineers to build that platform.
We are looking for a Senior Core Engineer to join the team in solving the problems these organizations face. Core Engineers at Meetup are T-shaped contributors that specialize in building our back-end services and APIs. They get to push code and deploy multiple times daily and work alongside a smart, friendly, dedicated cross-functional team to build the next generation of Meetup products. We're a JVM shop (Java and Scala), and open to teaching you functional programming. Meetup senior engineers demonstrate an ability to complete projects, provide guidance for technical problems and lead by example for other engineers on the team.
What you get to do:
- Build back-end services and APIs that serve content for our mobile and web applications
- Collaborate with product and platform teams on new ideas and feature development to solve open-ended problems and roadmap solutions
- Architect, design, and implement features across multiple areas of our product and platform
- Participate in code reviews in a continuous delivery environment
- State your opinions and contribute to an inclusive decision-making process
- Help re-architect and build our new services-oriented platform
- Learn new things and share knowledge with team members
- Help grow local communities worldwide
What we're looking for:
- Strengths in either a Functional or Object Oriented programming language
- Love of writing quality testable code and leaving the code base better than how you found it
- Readiness to take on full ownership of the development lifecycle by designing, building, and operating applications
- Enthusiasm to lead technical strategy and delivery to produce results at product, team, and individual levels
- Strong API development experience and database skills
- Familiarity with the tools we use: Scala, Java, Redis/MySQL, AWS
Check out our engineering blog: https://medium.com/making-meetup
Our team is bold, supportive, and passionate about bringing people together in real life to create community for everyone. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and building diverse, dynamic teams. You in?