Senior Creative Developer
Squarespace is looking for a Senior Creative Developer to join the Growth team who shares our passion for building the future of the web. You are someone who keeps up with the latest techniques in web design and development and have an entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for identifying and tackling impactful projects. You have a rare blend of creative, technical, and business mindsets. No detail escapes you. You are ready to join a team building award-winning websites for a world renowned publishing platform.
Our team spawns new projects from both strategic hypotheses and creative initiatives. We use data-driven strategy, iteration, and play to craft an experience worthy of the customers we attract. Our own Developer Platform powers the elegant, performant sites that serve as the entry point for millions of our potential customers. This agile team has the freedom to perpetually prototype and integrate new technologies. You’ll work side by side with world-class designers, product managers, and engineers to produce the best work of your career.
- Create and optimize our impactful websites, including squarespace.com
- Develop new projects with our strategy and creative teams, helping people learn about Squarespace
- Build new prototypes to push the boundaries of our developer platform
- Improve site design and performance across a variety of modern devices
- Partner with our Product, Design, Machine Learning, and Analytics Teams
- 5+ years of industry experience
- You've built several outstanding websites from concept to launch
- Familiar with the latest web techniques and libraries (React, etc.) and understand their opportunities and tradeoffs
- Strong working knowledge of responsive web design and cross-platform compatible coding techniques
- Experience using data to form and validate strategic hypothesis
- Comfortable with rapid experimentation and iteration
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 570 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.