Senior Cyber Security Engineer at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Please note that effective July 1, 2021, MSK will require all new hires, volunteers, and vendors who come onsite to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. This is based on the COVID-19 vaccines’ high level of protection and our shared responsibility in protecting our patients.
Do you want to join an innovative team and contribute to cancer research? Are you creative and want to tackle meaningful problems? Then join us here at MSK, where we can provide you with the opportunity to do all of those things! We are seeking an Information Security Engineer to join our team. We are searching for someone who has the right skills, who is eager to be part of a dynamic team and wants to be involved with the newest technologies.
- Provide Identity and Access Management engineering services, sophisticated technical support, troubleshooting, and monitoring of the enterprise systems.
- Implement of IAM security-centric and security-related information technology products and projects to support the organization.
- Development, implementation and support of 3rd party systems. Some of these systems include: Identity Governance & Administration: SailPoint IQ; Federated Services: PingFederate; Multi-Factor Authentication: PingID; Privileged Account Management: Thycotic
- Maintain departmental production, test and development web servers (IIS, Tomcat) and SQL servers/instances (MS SQL Server, Oracle).
- Develop and provide procedural and technical security mentorship to facilitate implementation.
- Assist in reviewing and updating content of the organizational information access policies and standards.
- Assist with the coordination of internal and external stakeholders (including internal and 3rd party application developers) to recommend and help with security vulnerability remediation efforts.
- Must be available to provide 3rd level 24 x 7 support on a rotating schedule.
- A strong, confident communicator who can work with and provide security communications to our organization across departments and at all levels in addition to our external partners.
- Remaining active in the security and technology industry with creative ideas for organizational solutions.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Able to work and/or attend meetings remotely and in New York City, Middletown NJ, regional sites, or vendor sites.
- Flexible to work after hours, weekends and holidays when required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; technical writing or desktop/web publishing skills
- Knowledge of .NET, C#, SQL, ASP.NET, APIs/Web Services, Windows Servers, Linux Servers, PowerShell, Active Directory
- Federation Protocols: oAuth, SAML, OIDC, WSFed
- Outstanding ability to analyze security data
- Desired 5-10 years security related experience or equivalent
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.