Cedar is a patient payment and engagement platform that elevates the total patient experience beyond clinical care. The platform leverages data science and great technology to deliver modern intelligence to providers and simplify the healthcare experience for patients.
The Data Science team is in charge of making sense of the vast amount of data we have available to help achieve our company’s vision. We build analytics for our clients and our teams to inform the product development process. We tell stories about all aspects of the patient journey and use quantitative analyses to explain patient behavior. We run experiments to test our various hypotheses and iterate using our results. We build models to drive better decision-making, both within our organization and for our clients in the healthcare industry.
Cedar is growing rapidly and data is at the core of everything we do. We are seeking a Senior Data Engineer to join our Data Science team to unlock the potential of our data. The Senior Data Engineer will be responsible for architecting, building, testing, and maintaining robust and scalable data pipelines for analytics and machine learning models.
- Provide leadership in building optimized data pipelines with scalability, efficiency and reliability as high priority.
- Interface with data scientists, engineers, product managers and business development teams to understand data needs and transform these into usable data products.
- Driving the design and adoption of improved data structures and quality across the organization, with particular focus on data science and data analytics users. .
- Providing essential input to design, optimization and implementation of frequently used queries.
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years experience in building data pipelines
- Experience with Python, Django, SQLAlchemy and database scaling and optimization (preferably including experience with scalable cloud based data warehouses e.g. Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift)
- Ability to analyze data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies
- Communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights
- Ability in managing and communicating data warehouse plans to internal teams
- Demonstrates a passion for breaking down and understanding complex systems and data structures
- Excellent communication and listening skills, team player
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, comfort with ambiguity
- Excited about Cedar’s mission of improving the healthcare financial experience
- Encompass Cedar’s core values: mission driven, no mediocrity, use good judgement, positivity
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred
- Eligible to work in the United States
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- An opportunity to work on a platform that is scaling very rapidly with 200,000 engaged patients a day as of May 2020 (Up from 50,000 in January)
- A chance to join a high-growth company at an early stage
- The ability to impact the growth of our company, we value all comments and suggestions
- Transparency across teams and interaction with multiple departments
- Competitive pay, employer-paid healthcare, stock options
- Daily team lunch and unlimited healthy snacks at our NYC office
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis. Cedar will not hire any applicants for Senior Data Engineer who are present in the United States on an F-1 visa