Senior DevOps Engineer - New York Hub at Veeva
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:34 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, May 4, 2021
Veeva develops cloud software that helps the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies and emerging biotechs bring critical medicine and therapies to the patients that need them. Our enterprise product suite is ubiquitous in the life sciences industry.
Veeva is a ‘Work Anywhere’ company, so you can connect with teams in our New York City office while also having the flexibility to work from home. And as a Public Benefit Corporation, you will work for a company with purpose and focused on making a positive impact on society.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer on the Veeva Data Cloud team, you will be responsible for building robust, scalable, reliable infrastructure to enable the team to quickly and efficiently scale-up. You’ll be focused on enabling Veeva Data Cloud to build an infrastructure to support data products and pipelines, and building and scaling a large-scale data product from the ground up.
What You'll Do
- Work with our Development and Product teams to help architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage AWS services
- Architecting Big Data workflows to be cloud-optimized
- Working as both an infrastructure and application development specialist alongside the business, development, and infrastructure teams
- Providing deep software development knowledge with respect to cloud architecture, design patterns, and programming
- Suggest architectural improvements, design and integration solutions, and formulate methodologies and best practices
- Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration, and automated deployment
- Build deploy and manage CI/CD workflows which leverage GitOps practices
- Build, manage, and deploy architectures using Terraform, Ansible, and Kubernetes
- Develop internal tools to help facilitate DevOps workflows
- Design and build the tools, frameworks, systems, and processes that Crossix engineers use to build, integrate, deploy, scale, and manage their software.
- Automate tasks across the full CI/CD lifecycle to create an efficient developer experience and reduce manual toil
- Scale solutions from proofs-of-concept to full production systems.
- Promote and implement best practices in observability (monitoring, tracing, alerting, logging) and high availability within the software engineering group
- Participate in an on-call rotation to mitigate site disruption
- Minimize the risk of reliability-related failure outcomes as pertaining to durability, availability, performance, and correctness
- Build, Scale, and Optimize Kubernetes Infrastructure
- 5+ years in SRE or DevOps roles, with a focus on tooling, automation, and distributed systems development
- 8+ years of overall software industry experience
- 3+ years designing and implementing Kubernetes infrastructure
- Extensive experience architecting, designing, and programming applications in an AWS Cloud environment
- Extensive experience building microservice architectures on Kubernetes
- Designing and building applications using Container and serverless technologies
- Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability, and high availability
- Experience with continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI, Codefresh)
- Hands-on experience using Terraform at scale
- Hands-on experience using Kubernetes at scale
- Experience using monitoring frameworks to monitor health and performance of infrastructure and applications
- Experience with configuration management platforms (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Salt)
- Strong scripting knowledge in Python
- Strong practical application development experience with Go or Java
- Good to have experience in writing proposals and deriving estimations for DevOps projects
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Excellent presentation and demo skills
- Engineer Perspective: 3 Reasons to Consider Veeva
- Engineering at Veeva
Nice to Have
- Big Data technologies experience a plus
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.