Senior DevOps Engineer, Security
About Outcome Health
A healthcare innovation company
Reinventing in the point of care
Facilitating a better personal Outcome
Whether it’s supporting the diagnosis of a family member or as patients ourselves, we all have
connections to healthcare. That’s why all of us at Outcome Health are committed to transforming the point of care experience, both for our loved ones and for ourselves.
We are looking for people to bring their diverse talent, perspectives and career experiences to help us create the future in point of care.
Join our expanding team and be part of creating #ABetterOutcome.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Talented Senior DevOps Engineer will perform hands-on network and application infrastructure design, implementation and automation of our platform services as well as contribute network support of devices
- Ability to comprehend client requirements and provide the Business Solutions
- Build confidence and trust with managers and end users
- Ability to create implementation estimates
- Ability to function in a team
- Strong communication skills
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
You have an intense curiosity, a passion for problem solving, creativity, the ability to visualize solutions, a positive can do attitude, as well as strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead on networking design, implementation, and debugging on our AWS hosting platform.
- Standardize and secure our linux based servers in our production infrastructure.
- Assist in designing and implementing DevOps security infrastructure.
- Improve deployment automation of infrastructure and services.
- Evaluate and improve the scalability of the infrastructure in general.
- Contribute to infrastructure as code via Terraform.
- Refine automated alerting on key platform metrics.
- Effectively balance and prioritize multiple projects concurrently within an agile framework.
- Identify and address the causes of downtime across our 130,000+ remote devices.
- On-call rotation, along with developers, on platform issues.
Education, Experience, & Skills Required:
- AWS, Google Cloud or Azure cloud hosting experience - 4+ years
- Expert knowledge AWS networking methodologies, networking, routing and subnetting - 4 years
- Experience designing secure networks, systems and application architectures - 5-7 years
- Experience planning, researching and developing security policies, standards and procedures - 5 years
- Modern scripting language (Python 2.x/3.x, Go, and similar) familiarity and knowledge - 3+ years
- Practical experience supporting production applications - 5-7 years
- Experience in risk assessment tools, technologies and methods
- Ability to communicate network security issues to peers and management
- Experience with 24/7 on-call support rotation
- Experience with setting up and tuning monitoring of infrastructure and applications
- Practical experience with Docker
- Knowledge of best practices in service oriented infrastructure
- Expert Linux-based system administration skills
- Self-motivated individual with a passion for continuous improvement
- ECS and/or Kubernetes familiarity
- Bash scripting experience
- Docker - 3+ years of production experience
- Practical experience with the support of production Java applications - 3-4 years
Outcome Health provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.