Data loss can be devastating. Whether it’s caused by human error, bad code, rogue integrations, or malicious intent, all companies are at risk. That’s why so many companies choose OwnBackup, the #1 cloud data protection platform on the Salesforce AppExchange and global leader in SaaS data protection. With nearly 4,000 customers, we are ranked on the Forbes Cloud 100 as one of the world's top private cloud companies and have raised nearly $500 million in funding from AIkeon Capital, B Capital Group, BlackRock Private Equity Partners, Insight Partners and others.
We are seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our DevOps team in New Jersey. This is a great opportunity to join a VC-backed, fast-growing startup that empowers its people to innovate, test, and implement their ideas. We believe that every employee in the company can and should make an impact every day, and we empower them to do so.Your Day-to-Day Role
- Improve existing technologies and R&D processes while maintaining a rapid delivery cycle
- Research and implement new technologies
- Work with the team to enhance production stability, availability, and reliability
- Manage core production systems, including frequent changes and update
- Build, implement and improve architecture and performance of large-scale distributed systems.
- Work hand in hand with engineers to develop tools to automate tasks, resolve bottlenecks, and improve scalability/reliability to keep up with our growth.
- Build a SaaS product to serve thousands of global customers in a modern and scalable way
- Design, build and manage highly available, scalable and robust services.
- Developing and maintaining our logging, monitoring and alerting stacks.
- Work with the latest and greatest technologies like Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform, Elasticsearch, and more.
- Manage our Cloud-native production deployments (SaaS) running on Kubernetes in AWS, and Microsoft Azure.
- Design and develop tools for managing and applying DevOps principles, such as CI/CD automation and IaC (Infrastructure as Code) on our Cloud-based production systems.
- Design and manage different monitoring and observability tools for troubleshooting and resolving production issues.
- Collaborate in a global “DevOps” environment working closely with our Support, Solution Engineering & R&D
- At least 5 years experience as a DevOps Engineer
- High proficiency in Linux Administration
- Knowledge and experience with scripting languages like Python / Ruby / Shell
- Experience with Docker
- Experience working with live production in scale environment
- Solid experience in AWS / Azure or other cloud provider
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a desire to take on wider responsibilities
- Results-driven with strong commitment to complete tasks
- Configuration management systems (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work and coordinate between multiple teams
- Passion to learn cutting edge technology
This is a full-time position. The ideal candidate will work out of our New Jersey office to maximize collaboration and interaction with the business.
OwnBackup is dedicated to creating an environment where employees thrive. It’s why we provide every employee with unlimited PTO, generous medical benefits, and a 401(k) savings plan. We also offer catered lunches in the office five days a week, a full fitness center, and free shuttle bus service to and from New York City.
New employees also have the opportunity to attend our award-winning new hire bootcamp, which customizes the onboarding experience by role, provides new employees with invaluable hands-on training within their first few weeks at the company, and gives employees the chance to meet their new colleagues in-person.
Creating an environment where employees thrive also means making sure every employee feels accepted. As we scale to help all types of companies protect precious data, our team must reflect the diversity we serve. OwnBackup is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we believe that every employee in the company brings a unique perspective that they can and should contribute in order to make an impact every day. We strive to be one team, one culture, and one family that builds trust through transparency. We do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status or disability status.A Bit About Us
Have a look at our website and read through the AppExchange reviews to get to know OwnBackup a little better. Founded in 2015, OwnBackup is backed by top-tier venture capital firms and has experienced 100% year-over-year growth, establishing early market dominance in a Salesforce ecosystem that includes over 150,000 customers. And while we’ve experienced tremendous growth providing backup and recovery solutions for Salesforce customers, we are now offering our world-class data protection solution across other clouds, like Microsoft Dynamics 365. At OwnBackup, our vision is to empower customers to own and protect their data on any cloud platform.