We are NYC based but remote friendly!
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. Almost a decade later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of about 200 distributed through North America and headquartered in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $87.5m in venture capital funding from top investors including Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Owl Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, and more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year and helps them lead better lives, join us!
Codecademy’s Infrastructure & Platform team is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join the team. This team is responsible for the infrastructure and operations that deliver our services to millions of users learning to code. As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will work closely with the developers to build, maintain, and lead a stable, scalable and secure infrastructure. This infrastructure is key to ensure the availability of our platform for the production of content and delivery of our educational experience globally and to millions of learners at any given moment. We are currently transitioning to a Service Oriented Architecture and are looking for someone to collaborate with us to expedite the development of supporting tools and implement best practices.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design, implement and support production infrastructure at scale in an AWS environment
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in production
- Partner with other engineering teams to detect and mitigate problems
- Support security initiatives through internal audit, hardening AWS accounts, user management, secret management, and coordinating external audit
- Maintain, evaluate, and improve the developer experience, including local developer environment, continuous integration, and deployment workflow
- Collaborate with software engineers to make architectural decisions to enable a scalable, stable, and secure infrastructure
- Automate provisioning and configuration of production systems using Terraform, Kubernetes, Packer, and Docker
- Deploy and maintain monitoring and alerting resources
- Configure and maintain CI/CD pipelines to quickly and safely deploy code to production environments
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 5+ years of experience implementing and maintaining AWS services such as EC2, Elasticache, Redshift, RDS, ECR, IAM, S3
- Familiarity with scripting languages (Bash, Python, Ruby, etc)
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and containerized applications
- Experience supporting web applications
- Experience working closely with development teams
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- Experience with EKS and Cloudflare
- Experience implementing and maintaining NoSQL and SQL databases
- Experience with Go, Ruby on Rails, React, NodeJS
- Application monitoring and logging experience
- Previous experience as a system administrator
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of users with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures