Senior DevOps Engineer at Bread
Bread is hiring for a Senior DevOps Engineer. Are you interested in a culture that nurtures kubernetes, infrastructure as code, automation, microservices, and CI/CD? As a member of our engineering team, you’ll have a direct impact on solving interesting and large-scale problems through devops best practices.
Your Role at Bread:
- Automation (Orchestrate systems provisioning, processes)
- Systems performance tuning with a focus on high availability and scalability
- Create, maintain, and iterate on our CI/CD processes
- Improve our alerting and escalation mechanisms
- Keep the lights on (day-to-day administration)
- Nurture Devops best practices
What we are looking for:
- Proven track record as a DevOps engineer in a fast pace environment
- Experience with AWS infrastructure (VPC, Security Groups, EC2, S3, Redshift, Elasticache, Elasticsearch, SSM, RDS (Postgres)).
- Strong experience with containers (Docker, EKS, Kubernetes)
- Experience deploying and supporting microservices-based architecture
- Strong experience with various managed and self-hosted CI/CD tooling (Jenkins, Travis, Buildkite, Spinnaker, CodeBuild)
- Solid understanding of DNS, TCPDUMP, CDNS, SSL, Git, firewall and network concepts.
- Strong Linux fundamentals (CentOS/Ubuntu, grub, top, df, mpstat and ssh).
- Scripting ability (Bash, Ruby, Python, Go)
- Strong experience with automation tools (Terraform/Ansible/Chef)
- Analytical/problem troubleshooting to resolve infrastructure issues.
- Understanding of logging and monitoring tools (Pagerduty, Appdynamics, Sumologic, Datadog, VividCortex, ELK)
- Deep understanding of network, application, and infrastructure security
- Knowledge of NGINX, RabbitMQ, and Redis
Nice To Have:
- Load testing (Gatling, Locust, JMeter)
- Experience with GCP infrastructure (GKE, CloudSQL, Memorystore)
- HashiCorp tooling (Packer and Vault)