Senior DevOps Engineer
Working alongside our Head of Engineering, the Senior DevOps Engineer will be charged with taking ownership over our entire stack then growing and leading a team of DevOps engineers. You will be our first DevOps hire so you’ll be contributing at the start and growing a team beneath you as needs require. You will have a lot of freedom and flexibility to grow the systems architecture in the way you most see fit.
What You’ll Do
- Master our existing infrastructure, but question everything and offer suggestions on how we can improve
- Settle on and deploy a monitoring solution to alert us when things go awry. (Don’t worry, since we’re in the business of flexible office space, most problems occur during business hours)
- Improve our infrastructure setup and deployment strategies to move us more toward rapid scale and CI/CD
- Build out a DevOps team under you and lead them, acting as a mentor and helping with their career growth
- Help us move from traditional deployment on servers to a more automated and scalable process likely with Swarm or Kubernetes or some other container-based orchestration. Offer your expertise to help identify then move to a solution.
Current Tech Stack:
Node.js, React, React Native (both iOS and Android), Fabric, Postgres, MongoDB, Snowflake, Looker, Ansible, Docker, Datadog, Vault, and everything we host ourselves is running on AWS
Who You Are
You're an experienced DevOps Engineer or SRE who has experience leading a team. You enjoy staying up to date on the state of the art of the ops world and lean on statistics and empirical evidence to help validate that one strategy or tech is better than another. You love automating all of the things and have worked with Docker, deployed a continuous integration solution, and are able to teach yourself anything you don't already know in order to do your job.
You also have the following:
- Experience working with AWS, infrastructure code platforms like Terraform or CloudFormation and some configuration management software like Ansible, Chef, or Puppet.
- Experience in a fast-paced, high growth environment highly preferred
- Expertise in automated deployment and CI for mobile apps on iOS or Android.
- Capable of scripting with the language of your choice, know your way around Linux, and have a real passion for building a scalable infrastructure.
- Experience deploying a solution with Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes, or other container orchestration platforms and enjoy building tools to help increase engineer productivity.
Knotel is transforming the office market with its Agile HQ™ Platform. Making long-term leases a thing of the past, Knotel designs, builds, and operates custom spaces for established and growing brands, so they can be free to grow their businesses at will and build what’s never been built.
Named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup and New York's Hottest New Workspace Model, Knotel has over 60 locations across more than 1 million square feet in New York, San Francisco, London, and Berlin. Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised $100 million in funding. Knotel’s member network includes companies like Starbucks, Cheddar, and King. Visit www.Knotel.com.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away- Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes- Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
Get Uncomfortable- Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…”- Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance- No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fuels our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.