Senior DevOps Engineer at Work & Co
Work & Co (work.co) defines and launches the world's most successful digital products and services. With offices in the United States, Brazil and Europe, we've become the go-to partner for IKEA, Lyft, Google, Apple, Epic Games, Mailchimp, Aesop, Etsy, ALDO and many other globally respected companies. As Fast Company noted, our engineering and design teams are “routinely entrusted with creating digital product for companies which rarely approach outside firms.” No time sheets, just fully-dedicated teams. Forrester Research calls our approach “a model to follow.”
Senior DevOps engineers at Work & Co work in small, highly collaborative teams to support the creation of visionary digital products and experiences that people use everyday. They work closely with developers, product managers, and QA engineers to architect, document, implement, deploy, and optimize infrastructure across a range of digital products. Join us as we help our clients redefine entire industries. Work & Co’s methodology emphasizes hands-on skills across all departments.
Senior DevOps engineers are responsible for implementing robust and scalable technology for our clients and internal teams - combining their commitment for leveraging established best practices with continuous learning and application of emerging technologies.
What You Will Do
- Architect, implement, manage, and monitor environments in AWS, Azure, GCP
- Design and implement automated processes for provisioning, deployment and management of environments
- Work closely with developers to tune both the application stack, networking and databases for security and optimal performance
- Develop and refine internal DevOps processes and documentation
- Monitor general systems tasks including daily logs and alerts, resource usage, troubleshooting routine automated maintenance and backup processes, applying patches, etc
- Apply virtualization and containerization concepts, including docker-based tools (e.g Images, Registries), cloud services (e.g. AWS Fargate) and orchestration platforms (e.g. Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, OpenShift)
- Write and maintain system scripts/utilities in Terraform, Bash and Python-based frameworks such as Fabric or Ansible
- Implement, optimize and troubleshoot CI/CD pipelines for mobile, web and other backend components.
- Collaborate with QA and software engineers to enhance our software development cycle, automate pre-release integration and end-to-end testing, and incorporate post-release regression testing
We Are Looking For
- 5+ years experience with architectural design, cloud-based deployment, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting.
- Proven ability to make well-informed decisions on DevOps tooling and implementation recommendations based on real-world professional experience
- Deep familiarity with at least one major public cloud environment
- Experience with industry-standard tools for infrastructure monitoring, application performance monitoring, visualization, and alerting.
- Strong infrastructure-as-code skills
- Proficient automation skills using a combination of scripting and third-party tools
- Demonstrated experience working in cross-functional engineering teams that incorporate software developers, QA, and product managers
At Work & Co, we believe diversity is essential to creating the best digital products. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin of employees, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.