Senior DevOps Engineer
Greater NYC Area
At Animoto, we help our customers communicate who they are, what they do, and what they love through video. We are proud to help them share these passions and that is why we are working hard to create best-in-class easy-to-use online video editor with a large selection of pre-built templates that can customize to make engaging, shareable content for their audiences on social media.
We’re looking for a Lead DevOps/Site Reliability Engineer to extend and improve our cloud-based infrastructure and mentor a team of experienced engineers in a dynamic and collaborative environment. As a technical leader, you love solving problems, and the idea of building and optimizing a reliable cloud infrastructure for millions of users excites you. You will also partner with teams across the organization to establish technical strategies.
What you'll do:
- Develop infrastructure-as-code via Terraform and kops to manage AWS infrastructure and Kubernetes clusters
- Develop and maintain tools written in Go that improve the existing CI/CD pipeline built in Jenkins on Docker and Kubernetes
- Identify and implementinnovativemonitoring and alerting system protocols
- Collaborate with fellow engineers and stakeholders across the organization to design, test, and improve important areas of the product
- Ensure good engineering practices are followed on your team, such as Agile workflow and test coverage
- Identify areas of strategic technical debt, perform cost/benefit analysis for resolving this debt, and communicate suggested priorities to your manager
- Improve the efficiency of our engineers and help raise the Animoto engineering bar
What we're looking for:
- 7+ years of experience as an SRE or DevOps or other similar areas
- Experience working with large-scale cloud infrastructures like AWS and/or GCE
- Hands-on production experience with Kubernetes
- Experience delivering immutable infrastructure-as-code solutions using Terraform
- Experience with Ruby, Go, Python or other similar language
- Experience reviewing applications, identifying dependencies and common infrastructure components and driving reliability
- Experience with compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, PCI etc.)
- Experience delivering continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines, using techniques like blue/green and canary deployments, with tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI, TravisCI, etc.
- Deep hands-on experience with the design, development and deployment of business software at scale and current hands-on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
Why join Animoto:
- The opportunity to work with really smart, talented and interesting people
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Weekly catered lunch, bi-weekly Product Demos, Social Fridays, fully stocked kitchen, fun environment, and 5 ways to make coffee at our amazing NoHo office
- Bi-annual company events and hackathons
- Amazing benefits such as 100% medical/dental/vision, equity, 401k, upgraded Netflix, Amazon Prime, Spotify, and corporate discounts with AT&T and Crunch
We are HQ in New York, but open to remote work as long as it is within the US. If applying for a different city and/or state you should be comfortable to travel to New York few times a year when needed.
We embrace the differences of our team members and seek diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and all the other things that make us unique. We aim to create a space where employees can bring their true selves to work every day. Animoto is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer.
Read Full Job Description