Senior Devops Engineer at Narmi
Who We Are:
We are changing how banking is done in the United States. Our founders used to run a credit union and saw first-hand how backwards the banking status quo is. We founded Narmi because we believed banking could better serve both the financial institution and their members.
Today, we're delivering on that vision with features like online account opening, automatic savings, and in-app customer support. We're processing millions of dollars in transactions annually and our beautiful, intuitive online banking experience has helped thousands of people save money and budget for the future. The best part? Our customers love us and we're growing over 100% annually!
What You'll Do:
We are a startup and are looking for someone who is excited by the prospect of working in a small team and founding our reliability engineering team. Working in a small team offers many rewards and a great amount of responsibility.
We are looking for hybrid DevOps engineers who will design and manage our infrastructure while improving reliability and efficiency. We use tools like Terraform and Ansible to provision and configure our cloud systems, CI/CD systems to automate tasks, and the ELK stack to understand our systems. We're about to scale widely and are looking for engineers who want to take charge and be a part of delivering maintainable, scalable, and observable systems.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work on automating our operations and configuration.
- Engineer reliability and performance into our product and services.
- Manage and secure our cloud-based infrastructure.
- Diagnose and fix issues in a distributed, containerized application.
- Improve existing infrastructure, replacing existing systems with greenfield work when appropriate.
- Evolve our systems to handle new demands and scale.
- Investigate problems and discover the right tools to solve them.
- Incident response (on-call) and root cause analysis.
- BS (or higher, e.g., MS, or PhD) in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent technical experience
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience
- Strong networking knowledge
- Security-centric approach
- Strong linux command line tools understanding
- Ability to diagnose technical problems, debug code, and automate routine tasks
- Analytical approach coupled with solid communication skills and a sense of ownership
- Strong programming experience
- Have native proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
Why You Should Join:
- Full Transparency – we communicate our successes and our failures. Successes are celebrated and failures are analyzed to understand how we can do better.
- Opportunity for Growth – if you are a top performer, you will be rewarded. We are a meritocracy and would like to see you succeed.
- Always Be Learning – we want Narmi to be the best job you ever have. Our leadership team is personally committed to ensuring you develop on a personal level while working at Narmi.
We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we actively seek a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups.
Where We Can Hire:
- Be located or willing to work in New York City
- Be a citizen of the United States or authorized to work in the United States