CB Insights is a fast-growing market intelligence platform and services company based in NYC. We are seeking an experienced, software-delivery-focused DevOps Engineer to join our team and support further growth. The ideal candidate is a skilled technologist who loves building, testing, and delivering code and enjoys working with similar-minded colleagues in a collaborative, small-team environment. Because of our size and current rate of growth, successful candidates will have substantial opportunity to shape our system and our operations. If this sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you!
About the DevOps team:
The DevOps team is an automation first cloud based infrastructure team. Our goals include maximizing developer productivity through fine tuned CI/CD pipelines, automated and scalable infrastructure, and robust systems monitoring. We promote a highly collaborative atmosphere both within our team as well as across the other teams within CB Insights. We believe continuous learning is the key to success.
Your Main Tasks:
- Building and deploying our software using modern techniques such as CI/CD and Blue/Green and Canary deployments
- Administering, configuring, and supporting CI/CD tooling
- Driving branching best practices to safely deliver code to production at a high velocity
- Collaborating with our development leads to isolate application and deployment concerns
- Contributing to and supporting our cloud based infrastructure
- Collaborating with DevOps team members as well as all of engineering
- Providing tools and an environment to support efficient software development
- Expert knowledge of branching patterns and best practices (Git Flow, Github Flow, Trunk based development)
- Expert knowledge of Docker with a focus on building, managing artifacts and deploying
- 3+ years experience in managing Gitlab and Gitlab runners
- 3+ years experience building CI/CD pipelines in Gitlab
- 3+ years working with Feature Flag technologies such as Unleashed, Flagger, or LaunchDarkly
- Experience managing package management technologies such as PyPi
- Scripting experience (Bash/Python/Go). Programming background strongly preferred.
- 3+ years experience using Amazon Web Services with a DevOps focus
- 3+ years systems administration (Linux strongly preferred)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- General knowledge of open-source software stacks
- Experience with the Hashicorp software suite (Terraform, Packer, Vagrant, Consul, Nomad) also a plus
- US Citizen or Green Card holder
What’s CB Insights All About:
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore and exploit emerging technologies. We help the world’s leading companies accelerate their digital strategy and transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine and human intelligence to help you discover and manage your response to emerging technology startups and markets.
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpfulness, and Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 650k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest and Relax: Competitive vacation and holiday plans
- Refuel: In office daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role, submit here and you'll be eligible for $5,000! #LI-FR1