Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We are an enterprise customer data platform that empowers marketers to create personalized experiences for their customers. We’re focused problem-solvers who believe in taking on big challenges with innovative thinking and giving our customers the support they need to deliver great next-generation experiences at scale.
Simon Data is a data-first customer experience orchestration platform, designed to redefine the marketing technology and marketing cloud category. Simon’s platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale data and machine learning to power customer communications across every channel. Our unique approach allows brands to develop one-to-one relationships with their customers without building a bespoke in-house data infrastructure.
At Simon, we truly believe that business success starts and ends with people. We all do our best work when we are surrounded by other friendly top performers who want to succeed together. This approach is core to our values. When you trust your team, invest in their development, and give them ownership, great things happen.The Role
Engineering at Simon was founded with a strong DevOps culture and has a world-class team of ops-savvy engineers today. We’re looking for a seasoned DevOps engineer to coordinate our DevOps efforts and serve as an inspiring leader on the subject both within and outside the company. As the perfect candidate, you have shown experience leading in a team to balance efficiency and company spend. You will help lead efforts from tooling to continuous deployment across web apps, elastic data clusters, event processing pipelines, and more!What You’ll Do
- Be intimately involved with our sprint teams: integrations, infrastructure, and security team to foster a culture of DevOps and provide review and insight from a DevOps perspective
- Strengthen and help maintain our build, deployment, and monitoring ecosystem at Simon
- Work closely with the rest of the business to help build tooling and systems to allow us to interface and integrate tightly with our customers
- Scale big data clusters and help build improved tooling to continue doing this as our scale continues to skyrocket
- Help shape the future of our cloud infrastructure and deeply engage with our security team to help build security automation and tooling into our architecture
- Help with performance engineering across our stack
- Take responsibility for maintaining Simon’s superior uptime and SLAs around availability, throughput, and low latency
- Participate in our on-call rotation and support our Customer Success team with solid engineering expertise
- 5+ years working in DevOps
- Practical knowledge of DevOps culture and practices, fluid day-to-day systems programming, and familiarity with all manner of distributed systems
- Experience with AWS, Datadog, Docker, Jenkins, Terraform, and Python deployments
- Direct experience with continuous integration, continuous deployment, Slack ops, application performance measurement, and alerting systems
- Superior communication skills and experience leading teams of engineers and representing them to the business
This is a full-time W2 position and can not support Corp to Corp (C2C) candidates at this time. Visa sponsorship/visa transfers for this role are currently not available.Diversity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.