Senior Director, Developer Experience
Blink Health is a well-funded healthcare technology company on a mission to make prescription drugs more accessible and affordable for everyone. We're scaling up in a highly complex vertical to change the way Americans access the prescription drugs they need.
Our proprietary platform and supply chain allows us to offer everyone — whether they have insurance or not — amazingly inexpensive prices on over 15,000 medications. With the addition of telemedicine and home delivery for prescriptions, Blink is providing a life-changing experience for people all over the country and fixing how opaque, unfair and overpriced healthcare has become. We are a highly collaborative team of builders and operators who invent new ways of working in an industry that historically has resisted innovation. Join us!
An engineering leader at Blink Health is respected by colleagues for your deep technical contributions to the industry, your ability to inspire and attract key talent, your passion for customers and the impact of your work, and your ability to deliver large scale engineering solutions with quality. This role will lead a team of DevOps or Operations engineers on multi-team projects and provide leadership and direction to SRE & DevOps staff that are responsible for break-fix, uptime and reliability for core services, distribution, and customer access network elements and related interfaces.
- Provide leadership and managerial coaching to SRE & DevOps management team across all company’s locations
- Inspire, recruit and mentor a team of high performing SRE engineers.
- Develop a scalable engineering culture for top talent engineers
- Perform quality reviews, manage operational issues
- Partner with development teams in defining and implementing improvements in service architecture
- Explore and innovate new cloud and HA technologies, features, and tools
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and operations management teams
- Implement automation and orchestration for manual processes required to operate and deploy cloud services, be at the heart of developing new ideas into internal OPS/SRE tools by working closely with advanced technology and high IT professionals
- Administer, troubleshoot, deploy, and configure Linux systems in a data center and/or cloud infrastructure such as AWSInterface with Dev/QA/OPS teams to identify root cause analysis and re-instrument triggers to prevent future network degradation and outages
- Help to secure the EC2 environment
- Help to build a custom continuous integration system
- Set up robust/automated monitoring and alerting system
- Identify business opportunities and define technical vision for your team and the company
- Be a domain expert on healthcare technology and products and an empathetic partner to our customers
- Managed career development
- Managed timelines
- Allocated Engineering resources
- Managed code reviews and career development
- Built web applications professionally
- Want to work in a highly collaborative environment: we believe a team can be stronger than its individual parts
- Are independent and curious
- Are comfortable owning features from design through delivery to production
- Have experience with one or more modern programming languages
- Are willing to dive into a large code base and contribute immediately
- Enjoy writing code that is understandable, maintainable, and testable
- Can communicate effectively with other engineers, designers, product managers, and anyone else at Blink
- Are excited to both design scalable APIs and elegant front-end code
Good Execution - Do your best work
- Design new APIs to power new features
- Fix performance problems and debug production issues
- Perform peer code and architecture reviews
- Build new features, write unit tests, and lead the release of these features to production.
- Develop and AB test new ReactJS components to improve our user experience
Good Owner - Be the CEO of your role
- Help the team ship new products and features successfully with the right skills, mentorship and organizational resources to deliver amazing experiences for our patients
- Coach, mentor and develop engineers to reach individual goals while fostering cross-functional collaboration and product success
- Take responsibility for the long term success of product projects and people
Good Learning - Learn something new every day
- Demonstrate curiosity and an interest in learning new techniques and improving upon best practices to stay up-to-date with current and emerging trends
- Lead by example putting new ideas into action, failing fast and learning from each experience
Good Feedback - Consider the perspective of others
- Listen actively and respond effectively through a variety of channels
- Give and receive candid and constructive feedback
- Promote trust and encourage teamwork allow the product team to do their best work
- 10+ years experience working in an SRE/Devops related role
- Proven track record of building top talent and high performance teams, directing multiple teams and engineering managers
- Knowledge of networking, server configuration management, and developing code (we use Python, bash, JS and Go) to manage those networks and servers.
- Experience evaluating off-the-shelf solutions, and willingness to make the build or buy trade-off.
- Experience with some of our tech stack: Python, AWS, MySQL, Redshift, Aurora, Linux, Docker, Ansible, and/or nginx. Craft tools to help other teams achieve their goals and improve performance.
- Experience managing large scale systems in rapid growth environments
- Strong understanding of automation systems (Chef, Ansible or Puppet)
- A good understanding of Docker, Kubernetes and networking protocols
- Experience with modern web frameworks,, public cloud platforms (e.g. AWS) and data pipelines. \
- Familiarity with containerization, microservices architecture, continuous integration and delivery
- Leadership on multiple well-known products throughout their life cycles, from idea conception to product release and maintenance
- Proven success in working with product, marketing, business, and operations divisions
- Examples of engineers for whom you’ve guided their technical and career progress
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience, MS/PhD preferred
At Blink, we put humans first. We want everyone at Blink to be able to do the best work of their lives. We are a relentlessly learning, constantly curious and aggressively collaborative cross-functional team dedicated to inventing new ways to improve the lives of our customers.
Blink Pharmacy App for Android
Blink Pharmacy App for iOS
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity of all kinds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.