Senior Director of Engineering, Experiences at CLEAR
CLEAR’s mission is to strengthen security and create frictionless experiences. We believe you are you and by using your biometrics – your eyes, face, and fingerprints – we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to – breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctor’s office, access your office building, and more – without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, stadiums and venues nationwide. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a person’s digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk and restore peace of mind.
We’re defining and leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, and investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 List for the second year in a row and winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses and our 5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
We are seeking a driven, strategic, technology focused and customer-centric software development leader. As a Senior Director of Engineering, you will be responsible for leading multiple technology teams in design, development, test, and deployment of these services. This role will lead the teams in our Experiences organization. Our experiences organization drives our Mobile, Web, Kiosk (HW & SW) functions.
A successful candidate will have an established background in developing software, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. This individual will have a strong track record of helping to deliver an effective, highly-available, and flexible technology platform in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly. Your team will be building cloud native applications hosted in AWS using modern distributed application design patterns.
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for technical project delivery and support of your system
- Work with Product Management to drive and develop a strategic program roadmap
- You will be managing managers/leads of multiple teams
- You will create a technical strategy for your system
Who You Are:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- 10+ years of experience in understanding of all aspects of software engineering, including coding, maintenance, architecture and design
- 5+ years of experience leading and managing cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
- Drive Operational Excellence of a consumer facing software solution
- Understand OO design and knowledge of relevant modern design patterns
- Experience in modern front end technologies such as React and Mobile technologies
- Able to build, manage, and work with multiple teams to achieve defined goals
- Up to date with technology trends and experience in building cloud native is a plus