Senior Director, Engineering - Veeva Data Cloud
Crossix is looking for a Senior Director of Engineering who will manage an engineering team responsible for designing, building and launching new products within the Veeva Data Cloud. You’ll manage a team of engineers focused on designing systems that manage data collection, processing and delivery in a productized way, to bring new enterprise solutions to market. You’re excited about building and leading a team that will shape products within the Veeva Data Cloud from the ground-up. You will report to the Data Cloud General Manager with a dotted line to the Crossix head of engineering.
What You'll Do
- Build and lead a Big Data, front-end, back-end team including Software Engineering, Data Engineering, and UI Development
- Be a “player-coach,” a leader who is also hands-on
- Own the end-to-end design, build and delivery of new enterprise products within the Veeva Data Cloud, in collaboration with head of engineering, Product Management, QA, and DevOps
- Work closely and effectively with the Crossix head of engineering on architecture design and guiding principals
- Work closely with Product Managers to translate requirements into clear technical design and architecture
- Track development process and assume full ownership and accountability over quality releases delivered on time
What You've Done
- At least 10 years of experience leading engineering teams at a technology company for enterprise products
- Have experience architecting enterprise product solutions from the ground-up
- Owned the development process for external-facing scalable software products
- Proven leadership skills with ability to motivate and engage technical talent to see beyond their day to day tasks and connect the work to a larger success of the Company
- Experience working within an agile development and planning environment including working directly with product managers & owners to elaborate stories through architectural design, task creation, scheduling and delivery
- Proven experience building products in Big Data (i.e., tens of billions of records), distributed computing and cloud
- At least 8 years of Java or strong Scala experience
- At least 8 years solid server-side development, and CI/CD workflows
- Experience in development of distributed and scalable systems using Spark/Elastic/MongoDB, and AWS cloud technologies
- Proficiency with some of the following: Python, Scala, Hadoop, Hive, Elastic, noSQL databases, AWS or other cloud, CI/CD workflows
- Exposure to (or management of others conducting) UI development
- Extensive experience in hiring and developing high-performing engineers
- College degree in math, computer science, systems engineering or a similar technical field
About the Team – Crossix is the market leader in delivering hard-to-come-by insights that enable healthcare marketers to plan, measure, and optimize their marketing campaigns with confidence. Using our own proprietary technology and network of health and non-health data, our analyses pinpoint the tactics, programs, and channels that improve performance and boost sales, enabling better healthcare communications. And we do it all while protecting consumer privacy.
Leadership – With decades of combined experience and an unrivaled track record of healthcare innovation, our leadership team sets the standard for us. Their knowledge and expertise continually challenge us and the industry – through their work, their speaking engagements at conferences and their thought leadership published in the top industry publications.
Culture – We know that our employees set us apart. Along with competitive salaries and benefits, we invest in creating compelling opportunities for professional development and career growth. We also believe that diversity is essential to building an environment where everyone can feel they belong. We’re continuously building an inclusive company where everyone feels welcome and heard. Come join our rapidly growing team!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status.