Peloton is looking for a Software Architecture leader who will be responsible for architecture of its full software stack at the intersection of hardware, software, and backend.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Product Software Engineering, this leader will drive system architecture decisions and provide strategy and execution to fuel Peloton’s double-digit growth and market expansion. The Senior Director will serve as a transformational technical and people leader providing insights to the executive leadership team on technology advancements for full software stack, ensuring automation and process scalability is at the forefront of strategic conversations, and building and leading a world-class technical team. This leader will help define and execute on the roadmap to transform Peloton’s ability to scale its capabilities across its members, partners, and employees.
- Lead a team of software architects that are responsible for defining software architecture and prototyping software stack for Peloton’s hardware and software products.
- Be both a technical leader and people manager.
- Communicate cross-functionally to drive both engineering and product alignment.
- Drive closely with all partner teams to create shared roadmaps and deliver on the company vision.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence, establishing metrics and processes for assessment and improvements.
- 10+ years of software lead/architect experience, including 5+ years of hands-on technical management
- Experience in one or more of the following domains: Linux Kernel, Android Frameworks, Middleware, User Interface, Mobile Application Development, Backend, and Software Development Kits.
- Experience recruiting and managing technical teams, including performance management
- BS/MS in Computer science or equivalent
- Strong communication and coordination skills along with multi-tasking capabilities to get things done in a fast-paced environment
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses, and retail showrooms in the US, UK, and Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 and Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.