Senior Director, Software Engineering at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Passionate about inspiring change and transformation in technology? Love mentoring future engineering leaders? Look no further!
We're excited to recruit a Senior Director to lead Software Engineering in our Digital, Informatics, and Technology Solutions (DigITs) organization. This is a rare opportunity to play a pivotal role in our digital transformation through modern software products and its lifecycle management!
You will partner with senior leaders to craft and execute the DigITs software strategy and oversee architecture of the organization’s product suite. Lead fundamental organizational and operational changes of software engineering while building the next generation of engineering talent. Build credibility through consistent delivery of quality software with alignment to product business roadmap, enterprise reference architecture and information security.
- Build a software engineering organization of high-performing agile teams
- Partner with DigITs technology leaders to insure software development strategy alignment
- Provide leadership and software technology guidance within DigITs and across the enterprise
- Provide oversight of all software engineering talent to ensure resource allocations are best aligned to meet institutional goals
- Recruit and develop top engineering talent and provide leadership to engineering talent managers to improve the overall skillsets of the team
- Develop a succession plan and assure that training requirements are identified to develop work and talent home managers
- Develop software roadmap and implementation plan with accountability for delivery
- Lead the research and evaluation of emergence software technologies, industry and market trends to support product development and/or operational initiatives
- Form relationships with companies that supply products and services to MSK. Ensure that vendors meet or exceed their contractual obligations by delivering quality on time
- Responsible for budget estimates and oversight of spent vs budgeted costs
- 20+ years building software engineering teams in large-scale tech organizations
- Knowledge of industry trends, development and availability of new technologies and tools
- Strong decision-making skills
- Executive level business communication and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of SAFe, DevSecOps and automated testing highly desirable
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Competitive compensation packages | Sick Time | Generous Vacation + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | Parental Leave & Adoption Assistance | Commuter Spending Account | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
We believe in communication, transparency, and thinking beyond your 8-hour day @ MSK. It’s important to us that you have a sense of impact, community, and work/life balance to be and feel your best.
We look forward to meeting soon!
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.