Senior Embedded Linux Engineer at Latch (Remote)
Renting a home is the world's oldest subscription service. People spend thousands of dollars every month for an experience that is outdated, inconvenient, analog, impersonal, and leaves a lot to be desired. Latch is working to make every building better, and while we've methodically executed this mission since our founding with great success, we're just getting started.
Leveraging our knowledge from companies like Apple, BCG, and IDEO, we’ve rethought how people interact with space. Latch delivers a full-building operating system designed to help owners, residents, and third parties like guests, couriers, and service providers, seamlessly experience the modern building. We’ve done this by combining software, devices, and services into a holistic platform that makes spaces more efficient, enjoyable, and profitable.
The next chapter of the Latch story will be our most exciting yet, and we’re looking for more talented team members to help fuel our growth.
Latch is seeking a Senior Embedded Linux Engineer. In this role you will be an integral part of a stellar engineering team responsible for building Latch’s smart access control products. You will work within a highly cross-functional feature team, and collaborate closely with mobile, backend and hardware engineers.
You will be focused on firmware development for Latch devices, including board bring up, writing low-level device drivers, and delivering high-quality, robust product firmware. This position is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing team as we add value to our expanding product family.
- Participate in design, development, verification, troubleshooting, and delivery of high quality firmware
- Deliver resilient and robust designs - lead and participate in technical discussions across engineering and product teams
- Work with the electrical team for hardware bring up and verification of new designs
- Work closely with the software and mobile teams for definition and implementation of frameworks used by devices for wireless communications
- Write low-level peripheral drivers needed for board and application bring up
- BS or above in EE/CS
- 5+ years of experience in software development on Embedded Linux based systems
- Strong Experience in Linux kernel, secure boot, device tree, Linux device driver and HAL layers
- Experience with OS Patching, Field Updates, and SELinux security hardening
- Knowledgeable in C/C++ and Object Oriented Design/Architecture
- Knowledge of mobile device emerging technologies including Smartphone LTE architectures, wireless IoT- BLE/Internet connected devices, camera/video, touch screen displays, and other device drivers
- Experience working with network stacks and protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, MQTT, SIP, etc
- Ability to work well independently and in close collaboration with a remote team
- Knowledge and experience working with Security, Cryptography a huge plus
- Deep knowledge of electrical concepts and comfortable reading hardware schematics and debugging hardware at a board level
- Prior experience with AWS, REST API’s, and Android App development is a plus
- Familiarity or experience with Agile/Scrum methodology and practices
- Passion for mentorship and a strong desire to lead a technical team
- Experience working with compliance and labs for device certification (FCC/CE/ETSI etc)
Founded in 2014, Latch now has 400+ team members working to make spaces better places to live, work, and visit.
We offer unlimited Paid Time Off, a comprehensive benefits package, mental health support, and an environment where employees are surrounded by creative, empowered, and dynamic peers.
In conjunction with our core values: Contagious Determination, Humility, Trust, Inclusion, Action with Intent, and Privacy, we approach our work with care and a sense of duty, to make the world a better space.
We embrace diversity and strive to create an inclusive and equitable environment for all.
Latch has over 100 employees and is subject to OSHA guidelines that require all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19.
Applicant Privacy Notice