Brooklyn, NY or Remote within USA with EST time zone work hours
As a Mobile Engineer, you will be responsible for developing the next generation of StrongArm's mobile apps deployed worldwide in a variety of unique industrial settings and a variety of users. You will have a direct impact on the well-being of essential workers by facilitating new and innovative safety features in our products (for example, proximity detection during COVID-19).
This role touches the mobile aspect of our product which is the interface between our end-users and our data systems. As the mobile subject matter expert for the company, you will champion new technologies and methods, improving existing systems in use, and mentoring your teammates. You will interface directly with IoT devices and embedded systems through bluetooth, serial connections and be the interface from users into our analytics platform.
- Work to develop new mobile applications to serve StrongArm’s clients and Industrial Athletes
- Work to enhance StrongArm’s smart gateway Android device and future cross platform mobile applications
- Act as the software engineering team’s mobile application subject matter expert
- 5+ years relevant industry experience
- You have completed a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Computer Systems Engineering
- You have multiple years of Java or Kotlin experience with notable contributions to production environments as part of a purely native app or hybrid mobile application
- You have taken a mobile app into production at scale with thousands of users
- Your apps have included serious native code (both Android and iOS) that you were instrumental in developing
- You evangelize automated testing (unit testing, end to end testing, QA, CI/CD) and have contributed substantially to mobile application and/or api automated tests
- You have contributed to APIs that serve mobile applications and are opinionated on the best practices to build them
- You are self-starting to work on a hyper-motivated team to take on real challenges to create real value and impact to industrial workers who suffer from the lack of tools to enhance their health and safety.
- You want to work with A-players, where you will grow both personally and professionally while working on challenging problems.
- Ability to think with an eye to high level architecture and the ability to execute on the steps towards those goals
- Proven ability to work and problem-solve independently, collaboratively, and creatively
- Strong organizational, communication, and presentation skills
- Adaptable to changing business needs
- Development leadership experience or desire to acquire that experience and mentor others
- Experience with drivers in mobile apps to work with IoT (e.g., bluetooth and usb connections)
- Experience as an open source contributor
- Experience working with remote developers
StrongArm Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.