Senior Engineer: Release Engineering at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.We want you to be passionate about creating products that you and your peers would love.
As a Senior Engineer in our Release Engineering team, you’ll be at the heart of the engineering pipeline building software that empowers engineering teams to develop rapidly and deploy reliable and scalable products/services. You’ll have ownership of the architecture, design, and implementation of our tools and infrastructure that improve how developers handle deployments and release of our products. You’ll get the opportunity to work across a broad range of technologies while solving unique challenges.What You'll Be Doing:
- DigitalOcean is loved by our developer and operations community. You’ll be their voice inside the company and collaborate towards continually improving their experience
- Design, build and maintain release pipelines, configuration tools, frameworks and infrastructure to enable teams make sure their work of art can be deployed easily
- Innovate and continually improve our engineering pipeline with advanced CI/CD implementations
- Help teams adopt new release pipeline features and allow platforms to move fast by providing simple and consistent configuration tooling
- Research emerging tools, trends and methodologies and enhance existing systems and processes
- Experience in building CI/CD pipelines, internal configuration management tools, frameworks and infrastructure
- Expertise with at least one of the following languages: Go, Perl, Ruby, Python, C/C++, Java
- An appreciation for Makefiles, build systems, and docker as helpful tools for making a great developer experience where developers can succeed
- A penchant for simplifying configuration, an obsession with engineering velocity, and are a developer at your core
- Experience working full stack, whether it’s building or debugging one
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!