Senior Engineer: Support Engineering at DigitalOcean
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust and passionate community of developers, teams, and businesses around the world. We believe that today’s entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about building the infrastructure and platforms that will improve the resiliency, scaling, and development speed for cloud services.
We are looking for an experienced lead engineer with a background developing customer facing tools and services with a mission of providing our customers a best-in-class customer service experience with DigitalOcean. Reporting to the Senior Manager of the Business Internal Tools team, the Senior Engineer will take the lead on designing and implementing the necessary front-end and back-end systems to deliver on this mission.
This is an opportunity to develop the solutions ensuring DigitalOcean’s well-recognized commitment to our customers is maintained and enhanced. This is a high impact role that is essential for DigitalOcean to meet the needs of its growing customer base and provide the tools and services necessary to support our expanding product offerings.What You’ll Be Doing:
- Defining and driving the full stack development of our customer’s support experience
- Working closely with product, customer support, and security teams to ensure complete solutions are developed for supporting our customer base
- Instrument and monitor services developed to ensure operational performance and service-level objectives are maintained
- Establishing best practices for development, deployment, and operations
- Distinguished track record developing solutions for customer help centers, knowledge bases, and associated tooling
- Experience with common technologies used to address customer integration needs, including services such as SalesForce, Twilio, SendGrid, and ZenDesk
- Developing robust solutions that facilitate streamlined resolution of customer inquiries through use of technologies for automation, deflection, and issue management
- Experience in modern development environments with the use of CI/CD tooling and configuration management technologies such as Chef or Ansible
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other and take our “no jerks” rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development. You’ll need to be great to get hired here and we promise you’ll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, and a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to and from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles and reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC and Cambridge, and offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. We’re also very remote-friendly—we use Slack to communicate across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to onboard in-office and take an all-expenses paid trip to our annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Infrastructure team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!